Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
That was me... i ended up not getting any cause of lazy :( for a pork butt (i am assuming 7-9pounds?) Don't do low and slow... do 350 not 225.. you cannot tell the difference and even competition guys do this now, it will drop your cook time by a TON.. Slather in mustard or worstershire (worstershire will stain.. so wear gloves) you won't taste either but they hold the rub on (if you use rub) cover in rub.. Optional to put in the fridge for a few hours to let it penetrate a bit... get it on the smoker for 7-12 hours. Basically til the middle is 175-195 depending how tender you want it, i like to pull mine around 185 as they do keep cooking from risidual heat for awhile.

Let it cool and shred it. I shred in a big pan and add a bit more rub and mix it into the meat as i go...

If you havne't smoked much.. go watch some youtube vids on your smoker setup and basics... it's supposed to be fun, just enjoy :)
Thanks for the tips and have to agree on the temp, seems I often end up with CRAZY smoking times. I can set this smokers temp and I also have monitoring, not the to your phone kind but a probe that cables outside the smoker to display. Will see what I have for rub, it's a Boston Butt, 5.3 pounds. I have an electric stand up, chips go under and you don't have to open the door to add

Butt.jpeg

Thanks for the tips and have to agree on the temp, seems I often end up with CRAZY smoking times. I can set this smokers temp and I also have monitoring, not the to your phone kind but a probe that cables outside the smoker to display. Will see what I have for rub, it's a Boston Butt, 5.3 pounds. I have an electric stand up, chips go under and you don't have to open the door to add

View attachment 1716284500
that is beautiful... btw.. always get 2... it takes the same time to cook 2 as 1 and i zip lock baggy portions and reheat later :) For rub i tried a lot and i only use Plowboys Yardbird.. i buy the 5lb bags on amazon, i use it any meat i cook.. great stuff.

And yeah, i actually do butts from 375-400 when i do it.. i got sick of 14 hour cook times at 225.. bah... wish i had picked up a couple now :)

I have an amazing bbq sauce recipe if you want it some time.. best sauce i have ever had.. I bought a rub recipe off a guy and he threw in the sauce for free, the rub sucked.. the sauce is amazing

But... it's a convertible :rolleyes:

1967 Plymouth barracuda

when i got my car i could have gotten a cali notchback for 1k more.. had a locked 273 and i passed :( Notchbacks never worked for me, but i bet minitubbed would look great on that

67, no side markers.....

You know what's funny is convertible mopars do nothing for me, i think the roofline is what makes the cars and when you have a convertible it wrecks it... especially like a 67-69 dart.. or a early b-body, the roofline has soo much character..
View attachment 1716284499

Screenshot_20240803_090323_Facebook.jpg

I think my hatred for convertibles comes from the day i bought my ac cobra and got stuck in traffic on the freeway in 90+ heat with no hat.. i was fucked

that is beautiful... btw.. always get 2... it takes the same time to cook 2 as 1 and i zip lock baggy portions and reheat later :) For rub i tried a lot and i only use Plowboys Yardbird.. i buy the 5lb bags on amazon, i use it any meat i cook.. great stuff.

And yeah, i actually do butts from 375-400 when i do it.. i got sick of 14 hour cook times at 225.. bah... wish i had picked up a couple now :)

I have an amazing bbq sauce recipe if you want it some time.. best sauce i have ever had.. I bought a rub recipe off a guy and he threw in the sauce for free, the rub sucked.. the sauce is amazing
Good video, kills me how those that have done so many don't even use a temp probe, guess you can "read the meat". He did 275, I'm going to try 350 even though his cut looked larger than the one I have. If you have time please send me that BBQ sauce recipe, think we're going to do pulled pork on bun

You know what's funny is convertible mopars do nothing for me, i think the roofline is what makes the cars and when you have a convertible it wrecks it... especially like a 67-69 dart.. or a early b-body, the roofline has soo much character..
View attachment 1716284499
And I love those 64 Dodge's

Or you could watch men box women in the Olympics!
Except it was a woman that was born as a woman and grew up as a woman.... but ya facts are silly :)

The woman that dropped after one hard punch has a bad record and has lost that bad in the past but she cried for the world to see and all that crap started...

Good video, kills me how those that have done so many don't even use a temp probe, guess you can "read the meat". He did 275, I'm going to try 350 even though his cut looked larger than the one I have. If you have time please send me that BBQ sauce recipe, think we're going to do pulled pork on bun
I'll take a pic of it when i get home.. don't have it at work... And that video is basically the #1 bbq guy in the country.... he is all instinct at this point.

BTW.. this was her as a child.... you guys need to not believe everything you are told... she trained and learned to fight... you should see clarissa shields fight.. she's a beast..
1722691768783.jpeg

I'll take a pic of it when i get home.. don't have it at work... And that video is basically the #1 bbq guy in the country.... he is all instinct at this point.
Thanks, we decided to do it tomorrow. One thing that's improved for me is cook temp control, used to try to do it indirect heat with propane grill, actual cook temp was inaccurate and all over the place

Thanks, we decided to do it tomorrow. One thing that's improved for me is cook temp control, used to try to do it indirect heat with propane grill, actual cook temp was inaccurate and all over the place
Yeah, i like to get them in bout 7am cause cooks always seem to take longer than expected.. too many nights waiting to eat at 9pm..

BTW... you should pick up some turkey legs.. they are cheap and take like 2 hours and are awesome smoked...

Actually i just looked and it's in my email from 12 years ago :) The rub was Meh.. but the sauce is awesome

Mike is that red one with the AAR stripe yours? i love the stripe on that....

Also.. taping off your garage for painting is just cheating..i like all my stuff to have a slightly red hue and sticky for weeks...
Actually it's orange (AAR stripes) and belongs to an old member here. Photos from probably 15 years ago. THe 2 tone orange one being painted belongs to Doug from Minnesota. He brings it to MITP. @MobileCustoms

Actually it's orange (AAR stripes) and belongs to an old member here. Photos from probably 15 years ago. THe 2 tone orange one being painted belongs to Doug from Minnesota. He brings it to MITP. @MobileCustoms
very nice :) Isn't that orange actually Torch Red? :) and yeah.. orange my eyes are just ****..

View attachment 1716284500
The best part of smoking any meats is the challenge of staying hydrated with good company, typically my dogs!

IMG_2734.jpeg

very nice :) Isn't that orange actually Torch Red? :) and yeah.. orange my eyes are just ****..
Could be. Tor Red was a bit orange. May be Doug will stop by and fill us in on his. THat faded paint he did is really cool.

20220604_132455.jpg

-
Back