Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Ok Just my thoughts on that paint and I could be wrong but it takes 6 months for cheap paint to cure, and keep it if I were you from any chemical and whatever you do don't wax it for at least 8 months or try buffing on it.
Wax will seal the paint off when it's trying to dry and the solvents in the paint can't escape and will cause the paint to blister and come off. Just my 2 cents.
yeah, i just did some reading and even baked it can take 6 months to cure enough to stand up to gas and still might come up... i am gonna give it like 2 more weeks then wet sand with 1000 to try and smooth it a bit

yeah, i just did some reading and even baked it can take 6 months to cure enough to stand up to gas and still might come up... i am gonna give it like 2 more weeks then wet sand with 1000 to try and smooth it a bit
When you sand it if it's not cured enough the paint will stick to the sandpaper and clog it up so wait another month if that happens. :thumbsup:

When you sand it if it's not cured enough the paint will stick to the sandpaper and clog it up so wait another month if that happens. :thumbsup:
i was looking down the quarters when i was doing the brakes and it's just ewww.. body work is ok, paint isn't very event.. gonna go slower painting the fenders and do a few lighter coats instead of hosing em.. learning experience

i was looking down the quarters when i was doing the brakes and it's just ewww.. body work is ok, paint isn't very event.. gonna go slower painting the fenders and do a few lighter coats instead of hosing em.. learning experience
Seems we learn something new everyday.

Speaking of which...

My daughter asked me about coming down and stripping down the hood on her car to repaint. It is chipped to the metal like it was shot by shotguns for a week.

Hoping I do it right. Plan is to use the conditioning tool and just take it down to metal

It's a 2009 Pontiac.

Ordered another quart of paint 8 days ago in case i run out (have 1 quart, should be enough for 2 fenders.. but..) and still hasn't shipped :( Itching to paint this fender but wanna make sure both quarts match before i do it..
Mix them togather before spraying..

yup... i'm waiting for the second can to show up, planned to mix them incase they are a slightly different tint
I sprayed 5 gallons of sublime pearl lacquer. All mixed from quart cans. Custom tinted...lots of coats..

if the guy ever ships... been 8 days... he was the only place i could find that listed old mopar colors and the price wasn't insane

I sprayed 5 gallons of sublime pearl lacquer. All mixed from quart cans. Custom tinted...lots of coats..
yeah, i'm not rich or i would have just ordered a gallon :) I can't believe the price of paint, especially red...

i just want it to be a 20fter anyway... i like that it's mostly original paint with life scars... a local plaint place would mix me a perfect match if i brought a piece.. for only 300 a quart

1722900773448.png

btw.. i love evaporust... put a couple of front end pieces i need to paint that go next to the grill in.. look like new, headlight buckets next :)

Speaking of which...

My daughter asked me about coming down and stripping down the hood on her car to repaint. It is chipped to the metal like it was shot by shotguns for a week.

Hoping I do it right. Plan is to use the conditioning tool and just take it down to metal

It's a 2009 Pontiac.
Well if it was me Chris and guessing that the paint is still in good shape, I'd sand the hood with 180 grit around the chips. No need to take all the paint off. Use a glazing puddy over the chips to fill them in and sand it then use primer and seal and paint it.
Saves on stripping the hood and having to use Epoxy primer. Guessing all the chips are on the front of the hood so you could just prime the front and not the entire hood.

-
Back