Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
So I’m ordering

2 gallons red
2 gallons white
2 gallon clear
Plus required hardeners and reducers
My Scamp took less than a gallon to paint inside and out and only needed 3 coats. Thought you were going to use bed liner on the inside box.

Not sure Chris but depending on how well the red covers 1 gallon should be enough but I wouldn't paint the whole truck white first but red then mask off the area for the white stripe and not sure on the size of the stripe but 1 quart should be plenty.

Not sure Chris but depending on how well the red covers 1 gallon should be enough but I wouldn't paint the whole truck white first but red then mask off the area for the white stripe and not sure on the size of the stripe but 1 quart should be plenty.
1723332585243.jpeg

My Scamp took less than a gallon to paint inside and out and only needed 3 coats. Thought you were going to use bed liner on the inside box.
Hmmm I was but now, not so sure.

But if I do the stripe white over red, I can save a crap load of money on paint. How long would you want to wait before masking and painting the stripe?

Plan is
Expoxy/Sealer Primer
Dry
2K high build primer
Dry, sand, guide coat etc,
base coat (number of coats as needed
Dry
clear
Dry

Ok now I see what you got. and guessing the door jambs and under hood will be red. Yea 1 gallon of red and 2 quarts of white if your using quality pant. If you have a chrome trim the top it's easy to mask that area off and not have to paint the whole truck white.
Yep it’s going back to factory, trim and all the trim moldings.

Inside of the cab, jams, and under the hood will all be red. Probably the under side of wheel wells and inner fenders too. For now, the bed will be as well. I’ll probably have it professionally rhino lined

Ok now I see what you got. and guessing the door jambs and under hood will be red. Yea 1 gallon of red and 2 quarts of white if your using quality pant. If you have a chrome trim the top it's easy to mask that area off and not have to paint the whole truck white.
Gonna go with TCP Global paints, they seem to be real good stuff.

What’s interesting is the under side of the original cab is white. I’m guessing the factory painted the whole thing white then red

Yep it’s going back to factory, trim and all the trim moldings.

Inside of the cab, jams, and under the hood will all be red. Probably the under side of wheel wells and inner fenders too. For now, the bed will be as well. I’ll probably have it professionally rhino lined
just read the the thread... very cool project :) and you should do body color on the underside.. just sayin :)

So I think Fred’s right. With the way the rear of the cab and the front of the bed will need to be painted red, it’d be nearly impossible to do with them both white and then red.

Evening everyone. Got my truck fixed finally....and all of the other maintenance items done. Also mowed the grass and worked on the Charger. lots of grinding then paint the chassis and interior!!

Evening everyone. Got my truck fixed finally....and all of the other maintenance items done. Also mowed the grass and worked on the Charger. lots of grinding then paint the chassis and interior!!
that's a full day :)

Just had a friend stop by with his 700 HP 68 Camaro he just got on the road. Was giving me a bad time ( in fun )
He was running it at 500 HP couple years ago and couldn't keep up with my Scamp so he fixed it. :thumbsup:

Well, the shed is demolished and gone. 8 dump trailer loads. Found a stack of shcool work and books from the 40’s and 50’s. Must have been in the attic. Cool stuff. Was the original owner’s mother’s stuff.

Morning!
Looks like an awesome day on the rise. But i think i need to go easy today. Think maybe i will do some mowing. Oh and tractor some dirt to back fill along the cement slab.

-
Back