Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
So, the Cuda is ready to go to the Stripper. I stopped by his place the other day and talked to him. But I found out he is going away on vacation for a week. So it will go there after the 19th. Meanwhile, I have been working on this original numbers matching date coded master cylinder for this Cuda. Had some trouble disassembling it and when I looked in the bore it looked good to me. I stripped all of the parts in my blast cabinet the other day and repainted the cylinder and associated parts. Today I wanted to hone it out and reassemble it. The bore is not as nice as I assumed. So now I will be delayed slightly. I found a local hydraulics shop that I can contact and maybe pay them to bore and sleeve it with brass. Here are a few pics.
PXL_20240804_182928308.MP.jpg
PXL_20240727_155810157.jpg
PXL_20240810_182837833.jpg
PXL_20240811_164850812.jpg

So, the Cuda is ready to go to the Stripper. I stopped by his place the other day and talked to him. But I found out he is going away on vacation for a week. So it will go there after the 19th. Meanwhile, I have been working on this original numbers matching date coded master cylinder for this Cuda. Had some trouble disassembling it and when I looked in the bore it looked good to me. I stripped all of the parts in my blast cabinet the other day and repainted the cylinder and associated parts. Today I wanted to hone it out and reassemble it. The bore is not as nice as I assumed. So now I will be delayed slightly. I found a local hydraulics shop that I can contact and maybe pay them to bore and sleeve it with brass. Here are a few pics.
View attachment 1716287905View attachment 1716287906View attachment 1716287907View attachment 1716287908
so is that a drum/drum mc?

Yup, !970 Cuda 383 4spd Numbers Matching Car.... No P/S , Drum Brakes, no P/B, No A/C, Console delete car... Strictly Business ..... :lol:
Nice.. keep them drums... i kinda regret switching to disc so far..

Yeah, i don't know why i went disc... i have had drums on every car and they all stopped great.. i'm praying these work at least as good as drums

Just moving the car in and out i have to really stand on the pedal and there is no weay this thing would panic stop. BUTi haven't bedded in the pads or anything yet..so still hoping.. With drums i never had any that just didn't work and stop really well

Looking ahead to next weeks weather in Detroit for the Woodward Dream Cruise I might want to bring an umbrella, nah!!!

View attachment 1716287905View attachment 1716287906View attachment 1716287907View attachment 1716287908
Lotta hard work, looking good there Mitch and good luck with the stripper, may she not reveal anything you don't want to see :lol:

Just moving the car in and out i have to really stand on the pedal and there is no weay this thing would panic stop. BUTi haven't bedded in the pads or anything yet..so still hoping.. With drums i never had any that just didn't work and stop really well
No way that's master cylinder related right?

Well, went to a local car show today. Was a nice time, car ran great, although I need to tighten up the steering box. Wanders pretty good in the wind. All tie rods and such are nice and tight. Didn't check the ball joints. All is still 1971 original parts!

I do have a sinus issue going on. Pressure and vertigo. Very uncomfortable driving the Demon

-
Back