Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
yeah, where i am no one does under 70 and there aren't back roads :) to the point that keeping up in my car with 4.57s and not beating it to death will be an issue :)
Thus why I put 2.98 gears in, sure grip and nearly 4 times the hp I had to begin with. But we have plenty of back roads, old military road on top of the ridge, well over 60 miles to enjoy

I lived in the 30's in a previous life. Love those cars.
I have an irrational like of chopped, late 40s Hudson's

1723640645644.png

Matt has a 49? Hudson Hornet, all original but he worked the motor with vintage parts. Pretty cool. Barn fond patina.
1723641037627.png

There was a shop down by Tim's Place for fun in Encinitas when I was a kid, right on old Pacific Coast Highway. The operator there must have had 20 Hudsons in his back yard.
Right across the highway from
1723641349904.png

We all called it Swami's, it backs up to the beach and had a very popular surf spot. It is actually a resort with a spiritual theme.

1927 Franklin, I love the oddness of it. Air cooled 6, birch frame and all aluminum body. One of three known to exist and he drives it once in a while.

AI Overview
Learn more…Opens in new tab

1927 Franklin 11B Sedan: Better Dressed But Not Too Flashy

The 1927 Franklin 11-B model had a 32 horsepower, 274.2 cubic inch displacement, six-cylinder engine with overhead valves. It was an air-cooled, inline engine with copper fins on the cylinders instead of steel, which improved cooling, compression, and power. The engine was located under a four-piece aluminum cowled hood and had a single barrel Stromberg carburetor under a black painted metal air covering. The 11-B also had a three-speed manual transmission with 4.72 gears on the rear axle and no radiator.

Forgot which model he has.

Last edited:
Thought this was pretty awesome. At the Horseless Carriage Club show Sunday. Pullman - made right here in York PA!

IMG_8532.jpeg

IMG_8525.jpeg

IMG_8531.jpeg

IMG_8529.jpeg

IMG_8526.jpeg

Old mind just had a thought/question. Do those "block hugger shorty" headers have the same unique sound as long tube headers? I likes the sound of headers and turbo mufflers.

-
Back