Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I would like to thank SpaceX Cape Kennedy for not rattling my windows at 01:00 PDT with the Falcon 9 launch from VSFB as planned.
takecover.jpg
Will have to wait until 22:41 for that pleasure

Morning!
Cool and clear today i think.
Add foam to passenger side of seat, and see if the muffler from the Fargo when it had the 6 cylinder will work. The stude muffler is rattling something fierce.

Good morning FABO. I thought I’d share some highlights of our road trip. After 2k+ miles and countless hours of traveling, I had the privilege of meeting two of our fellow FABO brothers.

After heading out from the west side of North Dakota to Sioux Falls, where I scored a decent pair of 66 Barracuda seats from a local musician, then to Des Moines where I met FABO member @lkopaska, who was kind enough to not only share his story with me but a healthy course of knowledge and hands on schooling in manifolds, carburetors, rocker arms and even showed off his beast of a 273 Valiant! Such a cool experience… I told my wife as we left Iowa “man, am I glad I called that guy!”

From there and into Chicago I found a Sun Tach II identical to the one my dad had in the Barracuda in his college years that I hope to put in place to further remedy his nostalgia. (Unrelated, but for some of the members who have come to know me, my family and I collect Coast to Coast Stores memorabilia, hence coast2coastkidd, and I found a 1940s floor model Coast to Coast radio as well for our “museum”)

Then to the Twin Cities, St. Paul and Minneapolis, where I met up with FABO brother @twodog45 and got a chance to see his Barracuda build and to both of our surprise what was thought to be a 273 ended up being a beefy 318! a step ahead already in his future build plans! A great guy and with a healthy Barracuda build and a super cool D100 with some AWESOME custom door art as well! (Maybe he’ll share a picture with us?)

That’s all for now FABO! Hopefully we’ll be heading back home tomorrow to the Peace Garden State! What a cool trip in building on memory lane. Thanks again to all of the Mopar Gods @lkopaska @twodog45 @toolmanmike @66fs @72bluNblu @Plymouth 65 @JDMopar and everyone else who’s been a part of the journey and helping to guide the way! All the best!

IMG_9409.jpeg

IMG_9406.jpeg

IMG_9396.png

IMG_9287.jpeg

IMG_9294.jpeg

IMG_9277.jpeg

Checking in here not a good time. Cheryl's mom had a overnight heart attack Sunday, then another one in the hospital Monday. They tried to do a cath procedure today but couldn't due to excessive artery blockage in her heart and age. Not looking good without many options but to just go home. We'll just see what she wants to do when she comes off the anesthesia.
Prayer goes out for you and the family.....a friend of mine went through a similar situation. Was able to get in a stint in one artery but not the other and also got a pacemaker. Prostate cancer won out about a year or so later though.

Good morning FABO. I thought I’d share some highlights of our road trip. After 2k+ miles and countless hours of traveling, I had the privilege of meeting two of our fellow FABO brothers.

After heading out from the west side of North Dakota to Sioux Falls, where I scored a decent pair of 66 Barracuda seats from a local musician, then to Des Moines where I met FABO member @lkopaska, who was kind enough to not only share his story with me but a healthy course of knowledge and hands on schooling in manifolds, carburetors, rocker arms and even showed off his beast of a 273 Valiant! Such a cool experience… I told my wife as we left Iowa “man, am I glad I called that guy!”

From there and into Chicago I found a Sun Tach II identical to the one my dad had in the Barracuda in his college years that I hope to put in place to further remedy his nostalgia. (Unrelated, but for some of the members who have come to know me, my family and I collect Coast to Coast Stores memorabilia, hence coast2coastkidd, and I found a 1940s floor model Coast to Coast radio as well for our “museum”)

Then to the Twin Cities, St. Paul and Minneapolis, where I met up with FABO brother @twodog45 and got a chance to see his Barracuda build and to both of our surprise what was thought to be a 273 ended up being a beefy 318! a step ahead already in his future build plans! A great guy and with a healthy Barracuda build and a super cool D100 with some AWESOME custom door art as well! (Maybe he’ll share a picture with us?)

That’s all for now FABO! Hopefully we’ll be heading back home tomorrow to the Peace Garden State! What a cool trip in building on memory lane. Thanks again to all of the Mopar Gods @lkopaska @twodog45 @toolmanmike @66fs @72bluNblu @Plymouth 65 @JDMopar and everyone else who’s been a part of the journey and helping to guide the way! All the best!

View attachment 1716295771

View attachment 1716295772

View attachment 1716295773

View attachment 1716295774

View attachment 1716295775

View attachment 1716295776
Sounds like a nice trip, thanks for sharing/pics!

Lots of great people on this site. Glad you met a few of them sounds like it made the ride for you!

Just some great guys you mentioned, like so many of us on here you took the time to reach out and meet some of these legendary FABO guys. I have yet to be disappointed when meeting one, we have traveled all over from Canada down and just every single time without fail the guy is exactly as he represents himself on FABO. No posers or pretend folks, just plain hard working often times hard living, hard charging super knowledge and experienced folks. Man it is fun to meet um! Good on ya!

Sounds like you scored some good parts and made some good friends. Glad to help. Hope to meet you at Mopars in the Park next spring.

A cousin that lived in Chugiak, near Achorage, told me that whenever one of the neighbors had one of THOSE Moose experiences it turned into quite a neighborhood party :lol:

Well..... There was a cow with her calf almost a fully grown calf but my buddy said that she would be kicking him out probably this year was not far away and we kept watching and and he said no she lays her ears back we know that she is we are bothering her and we need to get out of there and it wasn't very long and she laid her ears back and started towards us so he backed out of there and got away from her I was trying to take pictures but it's hard to take pictures when you're in retreat

IMG_20240730_195446690.jpg

IMG_20240730_195309319.jpg

-
Back