Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
It's coming out regardless, whether I refurbish it or replace it.
I'll wrap it before a test for to keep from scuffing it up
This one's out of mine, looking to replace because I don't know if I can get it clean enough, hasn't been on the road for some years. What do you do to refurbish, outside work, new sender?

Tank1.jpeg

This one's out of mine, looking to replace because I don't know if I can get it clean enough, hasn't been on the road for some years. What do you do to refurbish, outside work, new sender?

View attachment 1716297032
I hit the outside of mine with slipplate, restored it. Inside depends how bad it is rust wise. Mine was just varnish so mineral spirits sloshed around then drained, alcohol to get the min spirits out then sealed it. Worked fine so far. Sending units are a pia. Hopefully yours is good, replacements suck. Save the old lock ring! The pad is the same as roofing felt.
1725115906199.png

I think mines a replacment tank, it's in great shape other than I don't know what's rolling around the bottom of it. Can you or how do you get them cleaned out, think some just almost automatically replace as a part of restoration of car?

I think mines a replacment tank, it's in great shape other than I don't know what's rolling around the bottom of it. Can you or how do you get them cleaned out, think some just almost automatically replace as a part of restoration of car?
There are a few threads on here. Consensus is that it's better to replace... Because of it is really rusted out you'll put a ton of work in and there aren't any guarantees it'll clean out all the crud

Cleaning a fuel tank

If it's as shiny on inside as outside, it's the flushing out I need to figure out, how to do that best, will research some of the threads here, thx

Just a little rust inside is bad. Fills up filter quick....
yeah, i would flush out any old gas with new gas... flush it with water then a gallon or 2 of evaporust if there is rust... flush that.. then done :)

Here's another custom ride from the Dream Cruise, amazing vehicles there, lotta imagination to do this I think

CustomBikeBuggy.jpeg

-
Back