Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Been a good day, weather is perfect and I feel great.
Not sure if you want to post your first name on here but you been around long enough that we all like talking to you and a first name is more personal then abdywgn. But your choice.
Bob, it spells the same forward or backwards...I've been known to be backwards at times.

Gave the rear panel a quick hit with the rubbing wheel.. then put the lights back in and tested them.. i'm short one 1156 :( I think i might be able to clean this paint up enough to not be embarrassing :) feeling a little better.. havn't touched the decklid yet. fenders going on in the next couple days then bumpers/grill and ****.. be like a real car again

P.S. bah.. just realized i didn't check the license plate light

2024-09-05 18.14.03.jpg

Just ran into this channel... not sure if he's a member here but nice to see some 318 worship :)

Evening all. VA stuff went meh. Cant really tell if there was any good that’ll come out of it. Guess we shall find out

Gave the rear panel a quick hit with the rubbing wheel.. then put the lights back in and tested them.. i'm short one 1156 :( I think i might be able to clean this paint up enough to not be embarrassing :) feeling a little better.. havn't touched the decklid yet. fenders going on in the next couple days then bumpers/grill and ****.. be like a real car again

P.S. bah.. just realized i didn't check the license plate light

View attachment 1716299545
Wow has the old AAA logo on it still in good shape

Wow has the old AAA logo on it still in good shape
yeah, it peeled a little from me working around it but 95% still attached.. has a early 70s NRA sticker in the windshield also.. and i have the factory dealership emblem that goes on the left side of the rear but one of the mounting pegs is broken off.. will have to fix that..

BTW... i don't like the exhaust going straight out like that... i am thinking some turn downs right before the valence.. or some tips.. anyone got an opinion?

yeah, it peeled a little from me working around it but 95% still attached.. has a early 70s NRA sticker in the windshield also.. and i have the factory dealership emblem that goes on the left side of the rear but one of the mounting pegs is broken off.. will have to fix that..

BTW... i don't like the exhaust going straight out like that... i am thinking some turn downs right before the valence.. or some tips.. anyone got an opinion?
I like the straight out on the pipes it looks good.

/Plenty of time and easy to fix later.
yeah.. just overthinking :) almost excited to get the body back together.. i hate this bodywork/trim **** more than anything else.. mechanical i will gladly roll around in all day long

Which reminds me.. i need to get a polishing wheel for my bench grinder to polish up stainless trim..

yeah.. just overthinking :) almost excited to get the body back together.. i hate this bodywork/trim **** more than anything else.. mechanical i will gladly roll around in all day long

Which reminds me.. i need to get a polishing wheel for my bench grinder to polish up stainless trim..
I'd rather do the body trim stuff I know that part I'm just not a mechanic.

Speaking of mechanics, i went on the hunt for replacement bushings. Morrison, the mfr of the suspension doesent show parts, they dont even show the setup that is on this car. I got fed up and did this. Press fit into eye,tight slip fit into bushing. Its delrin.
IMG_1124.jpeg
IMG_1126.jpeg
Now i have to figure out how to get it back together..

My oldest has blessed our driveway with a tribute to the Mopar Gods! May they smile on our build and to the entire FABO! Happy wrenching!

IMG_9792.jpeg

IMG_9826.jpeg

Speaking of mechanics, i went on the hunt for replacement bushings. Morrison, the mfr of the suspension doesent show parts, they dont even show the setup that is on this car. I got fed up and did this. Press fit into eye,tight slip fit into bushing. Its delrin. View attachment 1716299573View attachment 1716299574Now i have to figure out how to get it back to

That's a good idea, and prolly a upgrade :)

Speaking of mechanics, i went on the hunt for replacement bushings. Morrison, the mfr of the suspension doesent show parts, they dont even show the setup that is on this car. I got fed up and did this. Press fit into eye,tight slip fit into bushing. Its delrin. View attachment 1716299573View attachment 1716299574Now i have to figure out how to get it back together..
If anyone can make it work Frank it would be you. nice...

Digging in my old movie collection I found this I haven't seen in a long time.
Movie and popcorn night...

IMG_20240905_184836117.jpg

-
Back