Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Cleaned up my work bench.. put down new cardboard.. was worth buying the water heater just for the bench cover :) Went through my suspension and put in cotter pins i was missing, and found my rollpin for the steering shaft coupler, think this is the first time i have had all new suspension and steering box.. there is no slop at all, touch the wheel and the tires move :) few other things done.. read to put fenders on hopefully tomorrow... food time now

Going to the winery later. Some local band is playing. I enjoy the music but don't dance plus the band is too loud out on the dance floor. We just set back and enjoy the scenery and fresh air out in the country. They serve Burgers, dogs, pork and rib eye sandwiches as well. It's a good time.

Saw this sweet Ranchero while at parts store, SUPER clean! Also marinating Sirloin Tip steak for tonight as Mrs. is at work and not a super tender cut so am hoping to tenderize it. Lastly this box full of parts, ain't gonna install themselves so I'm out to shop to start tune-up, have to get that K&N filter washed and starting to sun dry, always the longest part.

View attachment 1716300344

View attachment 1716300345

View attachment 1716300346

View attachment 1716300347

View attachment 1716300348
That Sirloin Tip must be close cousin to

tri-Tip :thumbsup: Cook low n slow ... Low temp long grill time. Temp like palm of hand at grill level for 10 count, no Mississippis :lol: bout 45 min per side bout 160°-165° inside

That Sirloin Tip must be close cousin to

tri-Tip :thumbsup: Cook low n slow ... Low temp long grill time. Temp like palm of hand at grill level for 10 count, no Mississippis :lol: bout 45 min per side bout 160°-165° inside
A lot of people smoke them. We can't get them here. I don't know why.

Going to the winery later. Some local band is playing. I enjoy the music but don't dance plus the band is too loud out on the dance floor. We just set back and enjoy the scenery and fresh air out in the country. They serve Burgers, dogs, pork and rib eye sandwiches as well. It's a good time.
Sorry to hear about your struggles… sounds awful… haha kidding, sounds awesome! Have a great time!

*chimp noises*

IMG_9948.jpeg

IMG_9949.jpeg

Cleaning up the floorboards. Found a small spot I want to weld, behind the driver's side rear seat panels. About 2 inches square. My guess is a result of the top boot drain on that side having the tube broken off.

IMG_20240907_174617321_HDR.jpg

Good morning FABO. I had the opportunity to set a healthy example for my daughter last night, in that there is always time to make cleanliness a priority to avoid clutter, tripping hazards and the like.

She helped put away tools, wipe them down and sweep. So VERY proud of her. We determined that a CLEAN Barracuda lair is a HAPPY Barracuda lair.

A good day to you all and happy wrenching!

View attachment 1716300146
I cleaned my shop almost 2 weeks ago. It still clean. I think that’s a record. It usually lasts 14.6 seconds…

I've had one aluminum contact cap, ended up replacing it not too long after installation, tracing was one of the issues, maybe it had thinner plastic in the body. I have learned that the TBI does not care for any multiple electrode plug, platinum etc., have had best luck with ACDelco CR43TS
My plow truck started running bad. I mean so bad it would hardly pull itself around. Cap was tracked all the way around inside. Suprised it ran at all.

Went to grab the starter bolts this morning. Random event, no bolts. Delivery to gm dealer was late and the parts store pickup driver was early. Zero communication. So off to the city i go, otherwise no bolts until wed. Saying i was pissed of is an understatement. Effed up my plan for the entire day. So went shopping too. 8” coarse grinding wheel, 40 lbs of gass bead for the blast cabinet and a topside creeper for working on trucks.
Still not happy, but i got what i needed.especially the bolts. Tomorrow i finish the 37.

**NOT MINE** Stumbled across this TREASURE on FBMP… own a piece of Mopar history and cram it under the tree Christmas morning for yourself! Looks like it’s in Hartland, Wisconsin. Pretty cool survivor!

IMG_9894.png

IMG_9893.png

Great night at the circle track :steering: :D. Good crowd. I hope the prospective owners made some money and convinced them to complete the purchase. I miss the smell of methanol on the breeze. The Midgets were missing though. Seems their association decided they wanted $3K more to show up than originally agreed to and the track personnel told them to go pound clay :thumbsup:. Good show and some nice improvements to the facility that have been needed for quite some time. To make things even better the female spectators didn't have to use their always present sweatshirts/jackets after the sun went down :lol:

Last edited:
1725783632588.png

mopar fender cover Cool!

vintage Mopar parts books Cheap
NOS Mopar 70-74 Big Block Heat Riser @Mopar mitch
1725785567866.png

MoPar NOS Tan Distributor Cap :icon_fU: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:

Yup I woke up way to early!

-
Back