Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Well, nothing I can fix so I'll sit back and watch the tomfuckery unfold. I can delete threads and posts though. Guys post like they need to personally tell Joey that they are having issues. It's like "read post 4" where I said "the site is having issues. Joey and Tech are working on a fix. Please be patient." :BangHead: :lol:

So one of the chapters in our Jeep club, which spans southern Indiana , northern and Eastern Kentucky, managed to find their way into western NC, near the TN/NC line. Only to be turned away and threatened with arrest by a FEMA official.

Basically they got into an argument because the FEMA dude didn’t want to accept the donated bottle water and food because it wasn’t on the FEMA list of approved brands, even though it was all bought at Sam’s Club and was mostly name brands. So Josh, our club pres, former Marine, told the guy they’d just hand it out directly and that’s when they threatened to arrest the entire convoy!
Wow!

@Cranky I can't even pick up your quote to post anything on FBBO.
1727873358634.png

Well, nothing I can fix so I'll sit back and watch the tomfuckery unfold. I can delete threads and posts though. Guys post like they need to personally tell Joey that they are having issues. It's like "read post 4" where I said "the site is having issues. Joey and Tech are working on a fix. Please be patient." :BangHead: :lol:
This kind of stuff. Clueless!
1727873467239.png

For here in the mountains of Arkansas I would guess the typical Deer shot is 30-75 yards. Many moons ago I was determined to get a 100 yard pistol shot on a Deer. At that time I was still not using a rifle to hunt with, just pistol. I had to work pretty hard to come up with a 100 yard shot!

So one of the chapters in our Jeep club, which spans southern Indiana , northern and Eastern Kentucky, managed to find their way into western NC, near the TN/NC line. Only to be turned away and threatened with arrest by a FEMA official.

Basically they got into an argument because the FEMA dude didn’t want to accept the donated bottle water and food because it wasn’t on the FEMA list of approved brands, even though it was all bought at Sam’s Club and was mostly name brands. So Josh, our club pres, former Marine, told the guy they’d just hand it out directly and that’s when they threatened to arrest the entire convoy!
Access control is a really big deal. Looters and swindlers get into those areas and take advantage of people.

Lawyers make it where they have to be very cautious of what they take. I know it's stupid and frustrating.
I don't think people understand how much of their donate relief and aid materials end up in dumpsters because of the litigation risk.

Best thing to do is find an authorized relief organization like the Red Cross, Baptist Men's or Team Rubicon and work through them. I know people want to help...We just have a lot of real scumbags out there that make it difficult for everyone else.

Access control is a really big deal. Looters and swindlers get into those areas and take advantage of people.

Lawyers make it where they have to be very cautious of what they take. I know it's stupid and frustrating.
I don't think people understand how much of their donate relief and aid materials end up in dumpsters because of the litigation risk.

Best thing to do is find an authorized relief organization like the Red Cross, Baptist Men's or Team Rubicon and work through them. I know people want to help...We just have a lot of real scumbags out there that make it difficult for everyone else.
That’s just it, they went there at the direction of the Red Cross. It was all pre arranged.

Then that is on the RC for not coordinating not the "FEMA Official"
Obviously a break down in communication somewhere. Either way, fema always fubars this stuff, from Katrina, to Michael to Helene, they’ve always fumbled the ball. Worked with them enough to know most of them are ego tripping simply during training missions let alone real disasters.

Obviously a break down in communication somewhere. Either way, fema always fubars this stuff, from Katrina, to Michael to Helene, they’ve always fumbled the ball. Worked with them enough to know most of them are ego tripping simply during training missions let alone real disasters.

Chris... You're an MP. If ANYONE should understand access authorizations it's you. Feel free to blame whomever.... "been there done that". It's chaos at a grand scale.

Going down the list,

I’ve worked with the following agencies both in training and real world events:

The DoD
Department of Homeland Securty
FBI
FEMA
Health and Human Services
Department of Labor
American Red Cross
Air Force Rescue Coordination Center
The National Ocean And Atmospheric Agency
Storm Prediction Center
Indiana Task force 1

The two organizations with the biggest A-holes and that always wanna have a pee pee measuring contest have always been Department of Homeland Security and FEMA.

Chris... You're an MP. If ANYONE should understand access authorizations it's you. Feel free to blame whomever.... "been there done that". It's chaos at a grand scale.
Oh this wasn’t an access control point issue, they had the email printed out from the Red Cross, the sheriff deputies at the control point directed them thru the checkpoint and to the donation center.

And yes, having worked enough situation to know, I do get the access issue, but again they were past that point and already approved. This was simply a matter of items not being approved for donation by the fema dude.

:wtf:

-
Back