Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Good work Steph.

I got rid of 20 years of grease from the front suspension of the 350. Not sure it'll pass inspection, there are two torn boots as it stands. Shoulda left the crud in place I guess.

I did find a broken ground strap that I repaired and remounted to the motor. I think it solved the Air Conditioner issue. Going to see if it will hold a charge. It runs now and blows "cool" not "cold" air. I'm hopeful.

I plan on rebuilding the front suspension and steering. It is super sloppy right now.
It’s been a workout trying to break some of those bolts free but i know it will drive so much better when it’s all done.

I think all the grease that came off the dart ended up all on me. :lol:

It’s been a workout trying to break some of those bolts free but i know it will drive so much better when it’s all done.

I think all the grease that came off the dart ended up all on me. :lol:
Been there with the Valiant. The right tools are very important. And I love my 1/2 inch drive Milwaukee impact wrench. It spared me much pain.

You'll be super happy and notice the difference with the new setup.

Did you go with PST for the new stuff?
20220212_150319.jpg

Been there with the Valiant. The right tools are very important. And I love my 1/2 inch drive Milwaukee impact wrench. It spared me much pain.

You'll be super happy and notice the difference with the new setup.

Did you go with PST for the new stuff?View attachment 1716314940
I ordered an Energy Suspension kit. I ordered their master bushing set. Except I didn’t realize that the set did not include the lower control arm bushings. The local Napa store had those in stock.

I'm wrapping up work for today. Got the mowing done. Was at the point where it was going from yard maintenance to farming... :eek: Spent some time beforehand adjusting mower deck. I can get it adjusted to cut nice, but there's barely any lift up with the lever. Not sure if its just worn parts or something bent maybe. I might be able to do it by moving the handle a spline or 2, but that didn't move. Would like to know what the actual problem is.

At $6.500... Easy peasy. It's right up the road. Scott and I could go look at it for you.

Then we could do a road trip and deliver it.

THAT could get stupid
Oh boy! That would be fun. But I have 2 cars now that I barely drive. Other than selling 1 or 2 that I own. I would like to get down to one car. Just the right one.

I got the front suspension completely apart today. Turns out that the lower control arm bushings on the passenger side was shot and the one on the drivers side was non existent. Only the sleeve was left. The driver side strut arm bushing was also shot. The lower ball Joints were also worn so I ordered new ones for both the upper and lower ball joints. I figured while it all apart I will just make everything new. Once the ball joints come in I can reinstall everything. But it’s all cleaned up and repainted.
Smart play right there, well done Steph!

Everything cleaned up from today. Welding the needed patch tomorrow. I'm going to clean up and paint the back side of the bumper and repaint the brackets tomorrow. Should be fairly painless

:rofl:

Went round and round about a starter buy for the truck. Finally decided to go with a Bosch. The NAPA one that is in there now is not that old, but the Bendix is Forqued. Squeals now and again.

Post Script - NAPA made in China

Fingers crossed, Lauren got a call from a IT guy at the company she wanted to work for. The person they hired with more experience isn't working out.

I thought you were talking about painting a real truck :lol:
It’s real haha. This is what I got from the secret Santa last year (it’s nearly identical to my w200)and was saving it for my son’s first 4H project. Officially in 4H as of yesterday and with 39 projects between him and my oldest daughter, we was getting a head start .

Oh well, it’s a good practice for him. Hobby lobby has one to replace

-
Back