Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
At $6.500... Easy peasy. It's right up the road. Scott and I could go look at it for you.

Then we could do a road trip and deliver it.

THAT could get stupid
Naw. I don't need a project and that slant would have to fo.

Clearly that one got dropped off a forklift or fell out of a truck while loaded with tools. It is tweaked beyond repair I would guess.
I was thinking box could actually be straight. Just some fubarred drawers. Maybe too many drawers open and it took a face dive.

If that's all 3, might not even be bad compared to original cost. But somehow it makes more sense at $X/week/forever...
Doesn't even clean them up...............greasy paw prints all over the other two. :wtf:

Like I said I have some snap-on boxes and tools and there are much better-built options out there.

Doesn't even clean them up...............greasy paw prints all over the other two. :wtf:

Like I said I have some snap-on boxes and tools and there are much better-built options out there.
I got a larger base box from HF. Thing is a beast, roller slider, wood top etc. Think it was 399 on sale.

1728825067953.png

Well I gotta be honest after seeing my fully loaded Snapon box’s get swung by cranes and then “gently” set at whatever elevation I was working at or watching them get slung around on forks by tele handlers for a great many years and the drawers still glide open effortlessly. I am gonna respectfully disagree with you boys. And when I say fully loaded box’s that means chain falls, rigging chains, more Clevis hooks and chokers than you could count plus a full compliment of 3/4 drive sockets. My box is heavy. Think industrial millwright/welder tools. I have seen more box’s tore up on the job sites than I can count. In the end it comes down to Mac and Snap on for heavy stuff, unless you go with a straight up gang box. Not saying a great many brands are not totally adequate for a garage but once you step into the industrial world the environment culls the herd and does not care about marketing. The rigger throwing the straps over your box and the crane operator simply don’t care.

HF has some really nice boxes. If I were to buy another one it would probably be a HF Icon........................:thumbsup:
After almost 30 years as a Mac Tool Dealer I hate to admit it. The HF boxes are pretty nice. The big ones Menards sells aren't bad either. Nice for the home mechanic. Not heavy enough for the abuse the pros put them through.

After almost 30 years as a Mac Tool Dealer I hate to admit it. The HF boxes are pretty nice. The big ones Menards sells aren't bad either. Nice for the hi=ome mechanic. Not heavy enough for the abuse the pros put them through.
And apologies Mike in my post I said Matco and I meant Mac! I need to edit it before I get flamed into oblivion!

After almost 30 years as a Mac Tool Dealer I hate to admit it. The HF boxes are pretty nice. The big ones Menards sells aren't bad either. Nice for the hi=ome mechanic. Not heavy enough for the abuse the pros put them through.
The Icon brand looks very familiar! I think they are very practical and clearly durable.

Well I gotta be honest after seeing my fully loaded Snapon box’s get swung by cranes and then “gently” set at whatever elevation I was working at or watching them get slung around on forks by tele handlers for a great many years and the drawers still glide open effortlessly. I am gonna respectfully disagree with you boys. And when I say fully loaded box’s that means chain falls, rigging chains, more Clevis hooks and chokers than you could count plus a full compliment of 3/4 drive sockets. My box is heavy. Think industrial millwright/welder tools. I have seen more box’s tore up on the job sites than I can count. In the end it comes down to Mac and Snap on for heavy stuff, unless you go with a straight up gang box. Not saying a great many brands are not totally adequate for a garage but once you step into the industrial world the environment culls the herd and does not care about marketing. The rigger throwing the straps over your box and the crane operator simply don’t care.
Well after spending time in your garage and digging through your toolboxes I'd have to say you have more tools than anyone I know.
Yes guys I went through John's drawers. Karl!!

-
Back