Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
This

17292631894006384286239794256284.jpg

yeah that's kinda odd
Well i built this house myself over several decades. The remaining flat roof is the only original roof on the building. Of course i have replaced it several times but still original to shed basically that I started with. See back in the day you could build a new house and call it a re model if you kept certain aspects of building you were "re modeling " that section is where electric service comes in. So never been up graded

Well i built this house myself over several decades. The remaining flat roof is the only original roof on the building. Of course i have replaced it several times but still original to shed basically that I started with. See back in the day you could build a new house and call it a re model if you kept certain aspects of building you were "re modeling " that section is where electric service comes in. So never been up graded
And of course what's under that part is now a kitchen and completely different then original house...

yup.. people sitll do that here, a store near me ripped down the entire building except a few feet of wall and "Remodeled" the entire building :)

yup.. people sitll do that here, a store near me ripped down the entire building except a few feet of wall and "Remodeled" the entire building :)
Those Remodel permits were like $100 in Tim's neighborhood and all you had to do was leave one wall :rolleyes::lol: Piece of ground my folks had down there had a lot of multi million $$ neighboring houses built on those $100 perrmits :lol:

Here a remodel is much easier to get permitted. New construction is really a bear...all the required studies and forms... seismic. Ocean. Runoff. Thermal. Sheer strength of structures. All require a specific engineer.

Those Remodel permits were like $100 in Tim's neighborhood and all you had to do was leave one wall :rolleyes::lol: Piece of ground my folks had down there had a lot of multi million $$ neighboring houses built on those $100 perrmits :lol:
Before the government got there nose into everything

Here a remodel is much easier to get permitted. New construction is really a bear...all the required studies and forms... seismic. Ocean. Runoff. Thermal. Sheer strength of structures. All require a specific engineer.
Don't forget the California Coastal Commission. :lol: If you should even have a glimpse of salt water on the horizon they got their money grubbing fingers in it :lol:

Tim, you know all that ground south of Carlsbad the Ecke Ranch used to grow Poinsettias on? I went to elementary school an junior high with Paul Ecke III in Leucadia/Encinitas.

Apparently, "Some items in your order will be shipped directly from the manufacturer" is a code for the term "back-order"

2 out of 11 items....

Found another source for the 2. I'll just return the others whenever they show up

Apparently, "Some items in your order will be shipped directly from the manufacturer" is a code for the term "back-order"

2 out of 11 items....

Found another source for the 2. I'll just return the others whenever they show up
Glad I went back and looked. Would've been a serious anger/rage episode to find out on delivery day

-
Back