Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
man - you're gonna be collecting trophies pretty soon.. nice work
Thanks! I'm pretty much done under the hood for now. I will probably move into the trunk next. I still need to get that spare tire hold-down thing fixed and similar clean up to what I did under the hood...

Engine bay done.jpg

another road trip!! so is that the cheapest radiator ever - or the most expensive?
IDK, he's got a company truck and the fuel is free...

In all seriousness, that radiator is on my list of things to either swap out or pull it and strip the paint and refinish it. If Baron Benrickster really wanted to make a road trip and help me swap it out, I could be easily persuaded to swap it for new...:D

Maybe a side trip for Lift Day II next year?

IDK, he's got a company truck and the fuel is free...

In all seriousness, that radiator is on my list of things to either swap out or pull it and strip the paint and refinish it. If Baron Benrickster really wanted to make a road trip and help me swap it out, I could be easily persuaded to swap it for new...:D

Maybe a side trip for Lift Day II next year?
oh yea - he really has some nerve whining about "working" a few extra hours here and there you know... ? I wish I had a company truck and free fuel - :wtf:

Back home enjoying a cold brew. It was a scorcher at Carlisle, but a good breeze made it bearable most of the time.

what - you don't have enough to do? :poke:
I only wish I could grab it. Wrong time in my financial life...I still have my other house up for sale and it's draining my wallet every month it sits empty. *sigh*

So I have been looking into the amp gauge bypass for the GTS but it occurred to me that the recommended wiring modifications are over done. I think I have a better way.

The circuit modification I propose is shown in the image below. Diagram A is stock, Diagram B is what I see recommended and Diagram C is what I propose...

attachment.php

By doing it this way it replaces the amp meter as the main bus and gives the charging current a much larger path to travel. It addresses the main issues as follows:

1. The Amp meter is now shunted as a secondary path (similar to the GM design of that era) reducing the current load through the gauge.

2. It will still provide charging power to the main electrical system and battery even if the amp gauge fails.

3. The amp gauge will still operate and show when the system is in a 'discharge' state indicating an alternator failure.

4. It does not require extensive modification of an otherwise 'healthy' electrical wiring harness just to prevent an issue. It simply requires running a heavy gauge wire from the alternator to the positive battery cable either at the relay connection or at the battery terminal.

Does anyone have any thoughts about this?

-
Back