Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Last year we even made the news that the flies were over populated up here. I think it is in part to all the farmers spraying manure on their fields. Went out to feed the ducks and when I opened there house there were hundred of flies in there, Guess I need to clean it out today. We have the frogs, plenty of black snake around here and the ducks help also along with 4 fly traps. Just have to deal with them again.

Well I have to run and pick up Mom's meds at the pharmacy. Warning I might be back!
Have a good one.

Last year we even made the news that the flies were over populated up here. I think it is in part to all the farmers spraying manure on their fields. Went out to feed the ducks and when I opened there house there were hundred of flies in there, Guess I need to clean it out today. We have the frogs, plenty of black snake around here and the ducks help also along with 4 fly traps. Just have to deal with them again.

And the dead deer laying around don't help. The Dept. of Transportation used to pick up the deer carcasses from the side of the roads and ditches but not any more. They just lay there and turn to maggots. Gross!

I hate flies. Even worse is stinging critters. I got one last night. Looks like a giant wasp. WAY bigger than normal. It was on the wall above the basement steps. I smacked t hard with a metal screen fly swatter. It bounced down the steps. I could see it still moving. I walked down and hit it again and scooped it on the fly swatter. Still moving. I set it on the landing of the steps and hit it a few more times. Still moving. I held it on the flyswatter and my son got under it with his lighter. Flared up a little. Still moving. Put it in a jar overnight. Still moving.
I have never seen one of these before. I am really hoping this is the only one here.

I hate flies. Even worse is stinging critters. I got one last night. Looks like a giant wasp. WAY bigger than normal. It was on the wall above the basement steps. I smacked t hard with a metal screen fly swatter. It bounced down the steps. I could see it still moving. I walked down and hit it again and scooped it on the fly swatter. Still moving. I set it on the landing of the steps and hit it a few more times. Still moving. I held it on the flyswatter and my son got under it with his lighter. Flared up a little. Still moving. Put it in a jar overnight. Still moving.
I have never seen one of these before. I am really hoping this is the only one here.

Superfly... :glasses7:

Good morning all

Good morning Pete :color: here on the hill thinking about my trip :coffee2: Looks like Treva is sleeping in this morning, So I am outside on my lap top enjoying the fresh clean air after a rain last night :color:

Good morning Pete :color: here on the hill thinking about my trip :coffee2: Looks like Treva is sleeping in this morning, So I am outside on my lap top enjoying the fresh clean air after a rain last night :color:

Better give her an extra big hug, you might like it here so much you'll stay a few weeks

Better give her an extra big hug, you might like it here so much you'll stay a few weeks
I have been giving her some extra time with me this past week, She has shot her pistol a few times for me and likes the new loads I picked up for her, Buddy is going to keep her safe and give her a good piece of mind :glasses7:

Attachments

• Buddy 1.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 75

So you had them last summer also...

Time "flies"... LOL! :glasses7:

Hi Karl, you doing house work this morning and cooking breakfast for the crew ?

Good morning Pete and all who are still around. I ground up some fresh beans a few min. ago. I mixed half with hazelnut beans and it tastes good.

Hi Karl, you doing house work this morning and cooking breakfast for the crew ?

Housework...

Kids were up late, one is sleeping, the other just went to sleep.

Our silver ware drawer fell out a day and a half ago, everything all over the floor... :banghead:

I got the drawer fixed better than the "handy man" did, with more support along the sides and more screws for strength. It's a double wide drawer with two trays for silver ware and is heavy, but just needed to be put together properly with more support.

I'm learning to do this myself as I'm not happy with the quality of work from "hired help" lately. It's a shame that I can do it better than the "professional" can.... :banghead:

So now I have to catch up and wash all of the silver ware and pans from the cabinet below that got dirty during the whole process. It will take at least three loads in the dishwasher. :banghead:

I wash everything by hand before going in the dishwasher, I use the dishwasher as a sterilizer basically. I don't get how it is supposed to wash dishes, but can't get all of the dried food particles off... You have to scrub them by hand first, so is it really saving any time??? Not... So I wash my dishes by hand as if I don't have a dishwasher, and then run them through the dishwasher as a "sterilization" process afterwards... :violent2:

So I have to start washing everything and put my kitchen back together now that the drawer is fixed... I've got them soaking in hot water right now to soften any hard dried on "dirt"... :violent1:

Hi, one more cup then I'd better get something done around here

Treva just walked out and sat down :glasses7: I showed her the PM you sent me and she started laughing out loud about the marching bands and key to the city thing :D

Hello, I see some of my good FABO friends here this morning.

Just posted something on Facebook about Memorial Day, amazing how many people only give the day casual thought and don't realize it's specifically about those who died while serving.

Good morning Pete and all who are still around. I ground up some fresh beans a few min. ago. I mixed half with hazelnut beans and it tastes good.

Hi Mike. That sounds good.

I'm not a coffee drinker, but my ex was. I liked the smell of the hazel nut coffee when she drank it... :coffee2:

Hi Mike, I'll have to learn how to do that, Looking forward to seeing you at Mopars At The Park Sat.

Hello, I see some of my good FABO friends here this morning.

Just posted something on Facebook about Memorial Day, amazing how many people only give the day casual thought and don't realize it's specifically about those who died while serving.

Some people only care that they got a day off... :finga:

They take too many things for granted now days... :banghead:

I am the dishwasher, plug me in and watch me go !! Hot sink soak and go baby ! You sound like me around the house Karl, I just don't have the two boys here anymore and I miss it ! NOT !! :D

Hi Mike, I'll have to learn how to do that, Looking forward to seeing you at Mopars At The Park Sat.

My ex had a grinder that you buy at the store, and then it will chop up the beans fresh right before she brewed it... You can get them at any department store that sells coffee makers..

Just put the beans in, and hold the button for a few seconds until they are ground up, then dump them in the coffee maker... :glasses7:

Nothing to it... :D

-
Back