Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Ray, you need to degrease the engine bay after engine removal, maybe even sand down the existing finish. HAVE FUN !!!

I can only WISH that mine was under way, like yours !!

it only looks better in the pic ....there are some rust bubbles behind the wheels and the interior is fair and it still has a slant six. I changed it to an 833 OD and it still has the 7 1/4 rear ....hopefully it will be a 383 clone someday in Y2 yellow. :D The interior is mis-matched now because I chucked the original bench for some 68 cuda seats which are the wrong color.

Ray, you need to degrease the engine bay after engine removal, maybe even sand down the existing finish. HAVE FUN !!!

THE PRESSURE WASHER IS ON STANDBY! I will have a lot of sanding to do especially on the front fender wells. Probably pull it in Sept when it is not to cold, the s6 is running great so I am going to use it this summer.

then clean the engine....if the engine is painted nice and has a new gasket set put in then what is there to be greasy or dirty?? plus when you go to the car wash just pop the hood and give it a quick bath every now and then .......I wash the engines in my cars often during the summer ....just don't spray the ex. manifolds or the dizzy directly with the water and all will be just fine.

The engine is all painted and looks great with all new gaskets and seals. It looks great in Chevy orange! LOL

The engine is all painted and looks great with all new gaskets and seals. It looks great in Chevy orange! LOL

oh you too !!! I use chevy orange too because its brighter and holds up better than the Chrysler orange .....unless you get the high dollar spray cans....the Chrysler orange is just not so brilliant. The chevy orange ages better ....I have an engine I painted like 5 years ago in chevy orange and it still looks good now.

Ford blue also works for early 70s engine that were supposed to be blue ....same deal with the brilliance of the color.

I agree with the engine bay in body colour, looks nice and clean ( ya mines painted black and rustproofed ) I have to pull the engine soon for gaskets and will likely paint it green

oh you too !!! I use chevy orange too because its brighter and holds up better than the Chrysler orange .....unless you get the high dollar spray cans....the Chrysler orange is just not so brilliant. The chevy orange ages better ....I have an engine I painted like 5 years ago in chevy orange and it still looks good now.

Ford blue also works for early 70s engine that were supposed to be blue ....same deal with the brilliance of the color.

I was only kidding Rani, lol
Morning Kazoom!

Ok all, I gotta go. I'm going now to check out that 340 engine and other Mopar stuff this guy has to get rid of.

I was only kidding Rani, lol
Morning Kazoom!

Oh ....I wasn't ...... on the next engine I paint I am going to try having my local paint jobber mix some for the paint gun and I am going to primer it as well. I am not convinced about the color correctness of these auto zone spray bombs

Oh ....I wasn't ...... on the next engine I paint I am going to try having my local paint jobber mix some for the paint gun and I am going to primer it as well. I am not convinced about the color correctness of these auto zone spray bombs

That's what I do. Like this.... Single stage urethane

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 66
If you go God father Hops you will have to mount a spare tire on the bumper.

Here it is! One dog power!

Attachments

• PICT0906.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 64
  • PICT0908.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 64
Wow .... that looks great. That is different than the blue they used after 70 So I would bet the spray can is way off on color

That is the correct Turquoise color for 68 383.
I used a can of NOS Mopar paint on a cookie sheet and had it matched in Urethane

-
Back