Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Base/clear Not to happy with it though. I did not know the clear coat needed to be sprayed wit a gun with a larger orifice so it has a lot of "orange peel" Looks good at ten feet though. If you never done it before let some one that is familiar with it spray it.

Looks great and looks like the correct blue for into the 70s. .... they were that color with a bright orange dual snorkel air cleaner. ( Chrysler was always kinda different lol )

I had a hard time finding the paint and I almost used a Pontiac blue. I found two cans in the Napa by me which surprised the heck out of me they usually have nothing there.

I still use the single stage. I know I will hear a lot of grief like you did when you said paint the engine compartment black. I have tried the base coat clear coat and did not have good results because I am not a body man.

Base/clear Not to happy with it though. I did not know the clear coat needed to be sprayed wit a gun with a larger orifice so it has a lot of "orange peel" Looks good at ten feet though. If you never done it before let some one that is familiar with it spray it.

Clear can go on smooth with a 1.2 - 1.4 nozzle ....... just need to be more patient with clear also temp and hardner temp range are mega important for clear...... they have the fast hardner for colder conditions and slow for when it's hot

If it was lacquer it would have been perfect. I sprayed a lot of that in the 80's. I an thinking of doing the k member in gel coat I have left over. Just need to find the black tint for it.

I still use the single stage. I know I will hear a lot of grief like you did when you said paint the engine compartment black. I have tried the base coat clear coat and did not have good results because I am not a body man.

Nothing wrong with single stage .... the factory used the single stage enamals. I tend to use base /clear with metallics though ...... more forgiving with runs or mistakes

I learned a lot of things on this car since I have been out of it for years. Forgot more than I remember.

If it was lacquer it would have been perfect. I sprayed a lot of that in the 80's. I an thinking of doing the k member in gel coat I have left over. Just need to find the black tint for it.

I never got to try lacquer .... when I was going through auto school they said it was a thing of the past. So I learned on the newer urathenes and omni au .:???:

Ok RDA, I am about to have a 67 truck frame sandblasted and paint. What is the best paint to use. I want it at least a satin. Thought of gloss but not sure. I do not want any of the frame paints because they fade out. So I want a good durable paint. This is a future project but one I need to protect for now.

I have some left over gel coat I am going to try on the darts k member. I tell you what it is super hard when it dries. Expensive but not as bad as paint. Like a fiberglass resin when it dries.

I have some left over gel coat I am going to try on the darts k member. I tell you what it is super hard when it dries. Expensive but not as bad as paint. Like a fiberglass resin when it dries.

I am not familiar with gel coat..... do you epoxy under it???

-
Back