Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Well gang it is time to get moving here.

Rani...Carlisle time would be a blast for you

It has the bumper on it now but still haven't found the letters to make Dodge. But then I haven't really looked.

I will look next week when I go to that junkyard. They have a bunch of trucks there that I did not look through.

Its like that near me in the farm section ...... usually the crushers charge to haul out because it takes so much fuel to get to the farms way out ...So a lot of farm people just park them out in the pasture to avoid paying. I got a car for fifty dollars one time because the crusher was going to charge that to haul it out so I offered the farmer fifty if he lets me come and haul it away and of course he jumped on the opportunity.

I remember going from Pagossa Springs toward Taos NM somewhere before the rio Grande there was a junk yard that was full of old cars and trucks.

Yea I am still here

I remember going from Pagossa Springs toward Taos NM somewhere before the rio Grande there was a junk yard that was full of old cars and trucks.

Yea I am still here

Yup I have been around Taos before..... good area to find them sun baked and solid.

Well fellers ... have a great day and good week.

Good morning guys and gals, Sun-Mon are my weekend, been up since 6:30, went out already and stocked up on food/drink, nothing I have to do today. Right now I'm watching the moss swaying in the oak trees but I might wash the windows today. I'm far from rich, but ever notice rich people's windows are always clean?

Attachments

• 031.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 70
First again...

Maybe I can mount headlights on the push mower so I can cut the grass in the dark....

OR JUST PAVE IT AND PAINT IT GREEN! Morning KK

Hi Ray.

My a--hole neighbor painted his black-top driveway primer red.... It looks hideous, especially up close where you can see the cracks in the pavement.... :violent1:

I "cranked up the heat" a little bit around here this weekend.

He has many signs up to sell his overpriced house. According to village ordinance, you are only allowed one sign per lot (even on corner lots). Part c of the ordinance states that you cannot put real estate for sale signs on public property. He's violating both of those ordinances. The village people (pun intended) passed these violations many times last year while giving me a hard time when HE complained. I've been coming down on the village manager to get the ordinance enforced.

Now he's putting the signs up only on the weekend when the "village people" are not in the office to give him a ticket. He puts them up after 5 PM on Friday after they leave the office, then removes them Sunday night before they get back to work for the week. He posts the signs up on weekends, then removes them during the week so they "can't catch him"....

I called them in this weekend so the police can take pictures of the signs to back me up that I'm not making up false accusations. The local police got the forest preserve police involved since it's their property.

But that comes to question, if it's a village ordinance, the forest preserve are part of the county, who is responsible to enforce the violation?

I have to see what action the village manager takes against him this week, if any. If not, I will forward all of the emails that we've been contacting with to the mayor. That seems to help get the village manager to take care of things in the past...

That a--hole thinks that I'm gonna let things go, he's got something coming. He started it, I will keep on him until he's gone. He should have left me alone, paybacks are a b!tch....

Let sleeping lions lie...

I am waiting for him to put up a billboard! Sucks to live next to someone like that.

I see why you are pissed off now! What did you do over the weekend?

I see why you are pissed off now! What did you do over the weekend?

Not as much as I wanted, kept waiting for the rain to stop and it finally did yesterday. All day Saturday, I couldn't get any yard work done.

I cut the back grass Thur., then the kid wanted to do some running around town, so I couldn't do the front. It rained Fri, then all day Sat, was wet yesterday...

I trimmed the bottom branches off of the evergreen trees yesterday so I can mow around them without getting poked all over and junk falling in my hair... Now I can mow under them without getting hit with low branches that don't have pine needles on them anyway...

I cut the big root out from the tree that fell in back last summer, now I can start to fill the hole where it used to be. (I pulled the stump with the truck a few weeks ago).

Now I need to build a fire to burn the branches that I trimmed, but it was a little too windy yesterday. I'll have to see how it goes in the next few days...

Maybe I can cut the front grass today.

Sounds like you were busy. Not much for me, the daughter overheate her car and drove it till it stopped running. found a pinhole in a hose and replaced it now I think a head gasket took a dump. Not worth fixing it it is a $500 car. Might try a bottle of head gasket repair, if it works great if not call the junkyard.

Sounds like you were busy. Not much for me, the daughter overheated her car and drove it till it stopped running. Found a pinhole in a hose and replaced it now I think a head gasket took a dump. Not worth fixing it it is a $500 car. Might try a bottle of head gasket repair, if it works great if not call the junkyard.

We got the parking brake cables all connected in the kid's Valiant, now we need some clips to finish the fuel lines and a new rear brake hose. The one that we have doesn't reach where it is supposed to hook up with the axle hanging and the body supported by the frame. I don't like that and want to get one a couple of inches longer, so it's not trying to support the axle if it is hanging down. It doesn't seem right that the hose has less travel than the axle it connects to....

Then we have to install the dash and carpet.

Then we can drop the engine and trans in and start to get those all connected. The engine and trans are rebuilt and ready to go. He's starting to round up his torque converter and flex plate.

We've already rebuilt the whole front and rear suspension, new brake lines and fuel lines, 8 3/4" axle with 3.91 gears, super stock rear springs, 1.00" front torsion bars, K-H front disc brakes all new. 91 360 roller cam engine with Hughes 1928 cam, rhoades lifters, LD340 intake, holley 600 vac secondary, 340 exhaust manifolds, 727 with heavy duty clutches and shift kit.

We are trying to mount a rear sway bar on it, but are having some interference issues with the mufflers. I have to see if we can move the mufflers forward enough or see if there are any smaller ones that we can use to get enough clearance.

Sounds like you were busy. Not much for me, the daughter overheate her car and drove it till it stopped running. found a pinhole in a hose and replaced it now I think a head gasket took a dump. Not worth fixing it it is a $500 car. Might try a bottle of head gasket repair, if it works great if not call the junkyard.

Is the engine locked up, or has it loosened up since it's cooled down?

What kind of car?

2000 Buick Century. It cooled down and starts, Just getting pressure in the system and it slightly blows the coolant out of the radiator with the cap off.. Head gasket or something cracked for sure. Not worth putting money into it.

-
Back