Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I have no Idea whats up today might have to drive Marilyn around if the roads do not clear up to the docs, she is not comfortable with the truck yet. I hate the firechicken by the way......

Good Monday Morning All !!!
I have an oil change coming at 9am....10:30am....and 12pm..... Will work on the GTS after that....

Good Monday morning to you Mitch, sounds like you have laid out a full day for yourself :steering:
May all your drain plugs and filters move smooth today sir :thumbsup:

Had my Vietnamese buddy and his Wife here for Dinner Sat Eve.. Getting close now...will be leaving in 4 weeks...

Just curious where do you get rid of the old oil at Mitch? I have a guy that burns it here so I am good. The parts stores around here just take one jug at a time.

I have a friend (where Victoria is at ) that has a 400 gal tank he saves his in and I save mine in gal jugs and take it to him about two times a year..

Seems like every other month I empty the oil drain (15 gallons) The guy I give it to uses it for heat in his shop but might be closing down soon so looking for options.

Just curious where do you get rid of the old oil at Mitch? I have a guy that burns it here so I am good. The parts stores around here just take one jug at a time.
I used to have a recycling Co come and pick it up/pump it out of my 55gal drums.. They were paying 15 cents a gal. Then they would pick it up for free...and finally they wanted to start to charge a $20 fee...So... I have a buddy that runs a waste oil heater in his shop...And now he comes and pumps it for Free....:lol:

Ah the days they used to buy it. I remember a gas station I worked at had a 1k in ground tank and it was like a payday when they pumped it out the owner split it with all the guys in the shop. Hey 20 then was a lot.

Ray...If you didn't hear... Summit would not Warrantee the Pertronix unit... It was 60 days past the date. So I called Pertronix direct and they will repair or replace it for me...

Good to hear they back their products also, you tell them how it sat unused?

Seems like every other month I empty the oil drain (15 gallons) The guy I give it to uses it for heat in his shop but might be closing down soon so looking for options.
I always took mine to Autozone. They will take 5gal at a time. I needed to get rid of 20+ gal for work recently. Found a place in Jacobus through CL that burns it.

Good to hear they back their products also, you tell them how it sat unused?
Yeah.. that fact didn't matter to them at Summit, at all... Pissed me... off.... Then when I asked for a copy of the purchase, she said, she cant print one that old, but she could send a copy of my purchase history, which Pertronix will accept... The Friggin history was 5 pages long , going back to 2011... I was Skeered to put a calculator to it... But I knew it was a LOT of Money... Guess Summit don't want this customer any longer....

I am kind of surprised with Summit doing that thought that was just a Jeggs thing!

Well, the driveway was almost clear of ice. Just as I was thinking it was all gone, I found a slick spot. :wtf:Luckily I was expecting it and did not land on my azz. Once in the car, it was smooth sailing. Even saw a guy on a skateboard going the other way. :realcrazy:

There are a lot of them around here you always see them in the farm fields having a good time. Never been on one though. Buddy did have a VW bug growing up and we put chains on and welded plates on a spare set of front rims, that thing was fun for sure. The cops did not know how to deal with it, Pretty funny looking back.

oh heeey - I just remembered I have chicken and waffles left over - things is looking up - I just might salvage a decent Monday outta this :thumbsup:

There are a lot of them around here you always see them in the farm fields having a good time. Never been on one though. Buddy did have a VW bug growing up and we put chains on and welded plates on a spare set of front rims, that thing was fun for sure. The cops did not know how to deal with it, Pretty funny looking back.
I was more into ATV's - they work year 'round... that bug sounds like a hoot!!

-
Back