Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Well ! That was good, I enjoyed two boneless chickens and fried ham for breakfast this morning :wtf:

I was more into ATV's - they work year 'round... that bug sounds like a hoot!!
It was, and it was a serious POS also which made it better we hit a lot of stuff with that thing. I think eventually the engine fell out of it due to rot on him.

Here is a good topic who had pos cars and the stories to go with them. My worst was a Datsun I think it was, finally blew a brake line and limped it home with the e brake then pulled into the driveway and took out the garage door, boy Dad was not happy with that one for sure,

510side.jpg
Lol think it was one of these, 68 or 9.
Totally rotted out but it ran!

Here is a good topic who had pos cars and the stories to go with them. My worst was a Datsun I think it was, finally blew a brake line and limped it home with the e brake then pulled into the driveway and took out the garage door, boy Dad was not happy with that one for sure,
Well.. I have this 68 GTS.....

My POSC was the last ford I ever owned, I was in Ill. visiting (30 miles from no where) and the starter went out in my wifes LTD 302 !! I removed the starter and drove 30 miles to the auto parts store and back 2 times before we got the right one :BangHead: how the hell can they make 3 different starters for one Mutha Frick'en engine, I believe I put the screw driver threw the windshield that day up in Ill.. HellandNoise should be the name of that state

First real car was a 66 Monaco sw, friend sold it to me for 50 on payment, that was a fun car to load up with all your buddies for a beach run, dam think I had 17 or so in it once. No rear facing seat either

My POSC was the last ford I ever owned, I was in Ill. visiting (30 miles from no where) and the starter went out in my wifes LTD 302 !! I removed the starter and drove 30 miles to the auto parts store and back 2 times before we got the right one :BangHead: how the hell can they make 3 different starters for one Mutha Frick'en engine, I believe I put the screw driver threw the windshield that day up in Ill.. HellandNoise should be the name of that state
Never got why ford had so mant different parts either. 351c, 351w, then the real oddball the 351 M.

I had a /6 71 Scamp - serious beater - paid $300 for it, it lasted 3 years.. it was amazing, I used to get thumbs up from kids when I drove by - a real bubble gum and bailing wire beater..
I also had a 74 Coronet - 318, road like a Caddy - as long as you could ignore the trunk lid noise.. it was bashed in enough that it wouldn't close, so I had it bungee corded "closed" - - that was such a fun car! Drinking, driving and well, lets call it "playing around".. :D

Funny you cant even find a REAL beater here any more, they fail inspection with any rot through the body panels so most are scrapped.

Funny you cant even find a REAL beater here any more, they fail inspection with any rot through the body panels so most are scrapped.
shoot, that'd take 100 percent of any vehicle made prior to 2014 off the road here

Come to think of it there are not a lot of pre 2000 drivers around on the roads here. Except the Firechicken!:mob:

remember those 1980-87 Chevy trucks you didn't pay any attention to?? have you seen what a nice one is going for???!!? HOLY CRAP (actually, they started that body style in what - 73?)

remember those 1980-87 Chevy trucks you didn't pay any attention to?? have you seen what a nice one is going for???!!? HOLY CRAP (actually, they started that body style in what - 73?)
Yep and i sold one for 200 bucks

I put my 83 GMC plow truck out recently with a For Sale sign on it - it's a total POS, but you would not believe how many people stopped and were trying to figure out what it would take to restore it! nuckin' futz I tell ya...

I had "first $750" on the sign - everyone who was "serious" offered me $500 - and true to my answer, I am now keeping it for another year and using it to plow. What is funny is that for another $100 - I would have sold it.

you should see what the prices for a TT do
I had "first $750" on the sign - everyone who was "serious" offered me $500 - and true to my answer, I am now keeping it for another year and using it to plow. What is funny is that for another $100 - I would have sold it.
mike, no BS, I may be interested in it in the next year lol

I had lots of cars that were beaters at the time and would now be very restorable and worth too much for me to buy em back if they still exist. 75 Comet, 74 Charger, 71 Nova...I'd even take my Pinto back! Probably the only ones I had NOT desirable or worth much now would be my Corsica, and 2 Taurus wagons. The Corsica was a beater when I got it. The wagons were beaters by the time I was done with them. :lol:

-
Back