Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Jeez, a sudden kick in the gut out of nowhere.

We just got word that the 74 year old woman (Dee) who was our next door neighbor at our old townhouse died on Saturday from a massive stroke. She was a good friend to my wife and our daughter used to love to go over to visit and play with her little poodle 'sammie' in our joined back yard. My wife was supposed to get together with her for lunch later this week.

Lots of tears here tonight...Rest in Peace Dee, we all love you and you will be missed. :(
Sorry for your loss Dave.

Someone said, it's like a whole library goes away, when someone like your neighbor passes. And, as people often say, it is a blessing that she was still living a full live and didn't suffer a long illness.
It's all very true.

A few years ago she had both knees replaced and we helped nurse her through it and get strong again. We had 6 years of time enjoying her company and in the end we will feel the sadness but celebrate the joy of the time we had with her...and wish only that we could have had more of it.

It's hard to lose friends and even harder when they are suddenly gone and there was never a chance to say 'goodbye'. No one wants to see someone suffer a long ending, but I think we all would like to have just a few moments to tell them again that we love them and say goodbye.

Now we can only say it without her...and hope that she can somehow still hear the words and feel the love behind them.

Jeez, a sudden kick in the gut out of nowhere.

We just got word that the 74 year old woman (Dee) who was our next door neighbor at our old townhouse died on Saturday from a massive stroke. She was a good friend to my wife and our daughter used to love to go over to visit and play with her little poodle 'sammie' in our joined back yard. My wife was supposed to get together with her for lunch later this week.

Lots of tears here tonight...Rest in Peace Dee, we all love you and you will be missed. :(

Sorry to hear about your neighbor.

My neighbor had a mild stroke about a month ago. I hear that he may be coming home maybe this week. Looking forward to seeing him again, as I haven't been able to visit him with all the OT that I've been putting in...

My wife and daughter went to bed, so now I need to distract myself from the thoughts of the loss of Dee.

I got a black-light flashlight yesterday to look for rodent trails in the garage and basement (in case there are mice around) and other mystery stains that may be in the house from the previous owners. I think I will go on a little hunt to see what I discover...

My wife and daughter went to bed, so now I need to distract myself from the thoughts of the loss of Dee.

I got a black-light flashlight yesterday to look for rodent trails in the garage and basement (in case there are mice around) and other mystery stains that may be in the house from the previous owners. I think I will go on a little hunt to see what I discover...
that sounds like fun....

My wife and daughter moowent to bed, so now I need to distract myself from the thoughts of the loss of Dee.

Well, I know about the rodents from years of maintenance in food warehousing. What else can they show you?

well, already going to be a tough day tomorrow - off to Z land I go.. cyas!
Crash time here too, but tomorrow's a short day for me. Christmas lunch, work is done about 11:30 and we all head out to a restaurant. :thumbsup:

Well, I know about the rodents from years of maintenance in food warehousing. What else can they show you?
Beyond the urine trails from rodents, They will illuminate protein based stains from bodily fluids (urine, semen, blood, etc) and similar proteins from cooking (grease spatter, food stains, etc. on carpets, furniture or cabinets). They can also show where insects have been killed by spiders or splatted by humans.

I searched the house from top to bottom and it was surprisingly clean. I found only one rodent trail in the basement (probably from the mouse I trapped last year down there). Rugs are clean, furniture is good but the sofa shows where my daughter spilled soup last year, floors are clean too. Some kitchen spatter around the stove from cooking and minor spattering around the bathroom toilets from normal use between cleanings. The area outside and around my daughter's guinea pig cage is clean but you can see the urine inside the cage on the bedding. I found the spot in the garage where I stomped the giant spider a couple of months ago crossing the floor. I even checked inside the GTS...no vintage carpet stains from back seat 'fun'...LOL!

Interestingly, outside I was able to track the trails from our resident chipmunk right to his hole under the big rocks in the side yard.

Cool little tool and it's nice to know what's really around the house as far as that stuff goes.

Beyond the urine trails from rodents, They will illuminate protein based stains from bodily fluids (urine, semen, blood, etc) and similar proteins from cooking (grease spatter, food stains, etc. on carpets, furniture or cabinets). They can also show where insects have been killed by spiders or splatted by humans.

I searched the house from top to bottom and it was surprisingly clean. I found only one rodent trail in the basement (probably from the mouse I trapped last year down there). Rugs are clean, furniture is good but the sofa shows where my daughter spilled soup last year, floors are clean too. Some kitchen spatter around the stove from cooking and minor spattering around the bathroom toilets from normal use between cleanings. The area outside and around my daughter's guinea pig cage is clean but you can see the urine inside the cage on the bedding. I found the spot in the garage where I stomped the giant spider a couple of months ago crossing the floor. I even checked inside the GTS...no vintage carpet stains from back seat 'fun'...LOL!

Interestingly, outside I was able to track the trails from our resident chipmunk right to his hole under the big rocks in the side yard.

Cool little tool and it's nice to know what's really around the house as far as that stuff goes.
OK then, don't think I ever want to check my place with one of them.

Well, it is a wonderful morning. I am happy see the Pats accomplished their task last night. They may now resume their position as ... scum. :rofl:

-
Back