Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Oh boy, here we go. Just got the call from the transplant center. My brother-in-law is on standby for a liver. If the recipient can't accept it, he's up next. When (if) they call and say go, we have to have him at the hospital in downtown Philly within 1 hour. Scrambling here now...

Oh boy, here we go. Just got the call from the transplant center. My brother-in-law is on standby for a liver. If the recipient can't accept it, he's up next. When (if) they call and say go, we have to have him at the hospital in downtown Philly within 1 hour. Scrambling here now...
Prayers my friend

Thanks guys. So many emotions and so many lives involved with so much to gain and so much to lose. Trying hard not to think about all that right now and just be ready to take it one step at a time.

Wife is ready to go and take him there (she has medical POA), daughter is briefed and ready for all contingencies to get to and from school tomorrow. I'm ready with home coverage duty and my sister is on stand-by as back up in case we need her. My work is informed in case I need to be off tomorrow.

I think we are as ready as we are going to get. Now we wait...and pray.

My BIL's condition has deteriorated so much that this is likely his last chance.

Christmas miracle?

pray.gif

Well it certainly sounds like you have everything covered and prayer's are in the air! What's even better IMO is that no matter the outcome you have a strong and close family unit. You all have each other! That means everything!

Is he living with you guys? And she drives him in if they call?
I hate driving into Philly period! So, driving there under the circumstances your in? Crap! :BangHead:. Well, wishing for the best for all of you. :thumbsup:

Is he living with you guys? And she drives him in if they call?
I hate driving into Philly period! So, driving there under the circumstances your in? Crap! :BangHead:. Well, wishing for the best for all of you. :thumbsup:
He lives about 15 mins away on the way into Philly. She drives him if they call. Last time this happened in July and they had to abort the surgery, she got him there is 42 mins from the time they called. He has no car and can't drive himself in his condition even if he did.

Keep thinking good thoughts, hopefully this will work out this time...

evening

so I am thinking now that its colder than Elsa's castle out.........what are the effects on my engine.

I never did research which oil I should be using now when the viscosity is going to be really thick.

I use a bottle of Lucas oil every oil change, but that is some thick stuff that sticks to parts better than regular oil......but maybe that is a summer thing ???

Is it usually extremely cold where you live? What weight oil do you use?

Is it usually extremely cold where you live? What weight oil do you use?
the coldest I have ever seen it is -20 which is what it was this morning when I went to work at 5 a.m.

I use 5-20W ...at least that is what is in it now .....it was the cheapest bid a few months ago lol

The first number in an XXwXX oil is the winter viscosity. The second number is the viscosity at operating temperature.

A 10xXX oil is good down to -30°F

Running a 10w30 in winter is good for nearly anywhere is the Continental US with rare exception.

I wouldn't run Lucas additive in the Winter if it drops below -10° F because it can change the viscosity too much.

The first number in an XXwXX oil is the winter viscosity. The second number is the viscosity at operating temperature.

A 10xXX oil is good down to -30°F

Running a 10w30 in winter is good for nearly anywhere is the Continental US with rare exception.

I wouldn't run Lucas additive in the Winter if it drops below -10° F because it can change the viscosity too much.
I second that motion!

the coldest I have ever seen it is -20 which is what it was this morning when I went to work at 5 a.m.

I use 5-20W ...at least that is what is in it now .....it was the cheapest bid a few months ago lol

Well using 5w20 with Lucas is probably fine at -20. 5wXX is good to -35 with Lucas, it's probably -25 or so. The Lucas will help coat the running surfaces as extra protection until the oil really starts flowing.

Got my mom a tablet for Christmas. She seems to be catching on. She turned 90 in September. We got her set up on Facebook. She'll likeall the photos of the grandkids.

20161218_194730.jpg

Got my mom a tablet for Christmas. She seems to be catching on. She turned 90 in September. We got her set up on Facebook. She'll likeall the photos of the grandkids.View attachment 1714999357 View attachment 1714999357
Cool!

I have been involved with some scientific studies of social evaluation of tablets and it's very interesting to see that they can provide significant benefit to those under 6 yrs of age and those over 75 yrs of age. Everyone in between seems to get little extra benefit from them.

There seems to be something about the features, apps and touch controls that brings significant benefit to the age groups on each end of the spectrum. The studies are still trying to figure out what and why. My guess is that there is something intuitive about how they work that rewards the senses of those age groups.

-
Back