Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I just did a little poking around google .....seems the Dana 44 was in the jeep grand Cherokees and the DANA 35 was in the box jeep Cherokees

I don't know if either will fit my hot rod early A and what is to be found in the pick a part yet

I just did a little poking around google .....seems the Dana 44 was in the jeep grand Cherokees and the DANA 35 was in the box jeep Cherokees

I don't know if either will fit my hot rod early A and what is to be found in the pick a part yet

Sorry, I'm not stripping the Grand...

It's a 5.9 Limited with 46 k on it....

The 5.9 was a one-year only option... Only made in 3 colors, white was not available until after Dec because of a color match problem with the front grille had to be worked out with the supplier at launch, so it was not available until Dec until the color was right...

Dad special ordered this one and it was from the December build... (Early production white one...)

DSC02918 b2.jpg

Last edited:

Some cherokees did get the 44. My 87 had one

Check out these cranes at work that they use to move some of the metal around...

15 ton capacity... :wtf:

Work 01 b.jpg

Work 02 b.jpg

See that metal on the ground, it's staged in 20 foot and 12 foot sections. The closer ones are 20 foot and the farther ones are 12 foot lengths... These are staged on the loading dock, ready to load onto a truck...

I got to move some 20 foot sections around yesterday on a fork lift... Sometimes you have to go at an angle attack with them to get between the beams at work... Pretty tricky, but I will get used to it...

does this look like an 8 1/4 to you guys ....I don't know why I am having a brain freeze and I cant tell

CIMG0147.JPG

man - my work place is blowing up - too much snow, too cold and then we had a science building have an HVAC unit on the roof blow a coil - weeehooo!

that is what is in the wagon now that someone put in ....I want to take it out of the wagon and put it in my 75 dart to make a 360/833 od / 8 1/4 combo ...then for the wagon ...get some kind of readily available rear ...even a ford what ever to make a /6/ 833 od / some kind of rear end that can tow a light trailer with combo

that is what is in the wagon now that someone put in ....I want to take it out of the wagon and put it in my 75 dart to make a 360/833 od / 8 1/4 combo ...then for the wagon ...get some kind of readily available rear ...even a ford what ever to make a /6/ 833 od / some kind of rear end that can tow a light trailer with combo

My wagon has an 8 3/4 with 2.76 open gears right now... But can change to any ratio sure grip when ready - either 2.76 or 2.93 for economy... I want to build a 20 MPG 360 for it....

She's sitting in the corner waiting for her turn to get finished with most of the parts stored in her so I don't loose them...

New suspension and 10" brakes already installed, body painted, have master cylinder and new brake lines for dual reservoir manual disc conversion... I have a KH set-up earmarked to covnert it to front discs also (even though the front 10" drum set-up is new)...

DSC04390 B.jpg

DSC04393.JPG

DSC04394.JPG

man - my work place is blowing up - too much snow, too cold and then we had a science building have an HVAC unit on the roof blow a coil - weeehooo!

It's great when the systems get stressed out and start to fail.... <insert evil laugh here - muwahahaha....>

My wagon has an 8 3/4 with 2.76 open gears right now... But can change to any ratio sure grip when ready - either 2.76 or 2.93 for economy... I want to build a 20 MPG 360 for it....

She's sitting in the corner waiting for her turn to get finished with most of the parts stored in her so I don't loose them...

New suspension and 10" brakes already installed, body painted, have master cylinder and new brake lines for dual reservoir manual disc conversion... I have a KH set-up earmarked to covnert it to front discs also (even though the front 10" drum set-up is new)...

View attachment 1715016803

View attachment 1715016804

View attachment 1715016805

what are your plans regarding the exhaust ??

what are your plans regarding the exhaust ??

I have a few options on the shelf (literally)...

Stock 68-70 340 exhaust - probably won't fit... So....

I have a set of 66 273 exhaust manifolds that I can open up a bit for better flow and will fit in the early A engine compartment...

Or a set of 68-69 stock 318 manifolds....

Or buy a good set of early A headers.... (but I don't want to cut the fenderwells...)

Then dual 2 1/4 with x-pipe into dymomax mufflers and bend to exit on each side behind the rear tires (so I can drive with the rear tailgate window down and not get exhaust fumes in the car)...

I just have to build a 360 for it and bolt the new brake lines and front brakes in, then worry about scrounging an interior together... I have a few different parts dashes, just have to decide which one to go with and get it together....

-
Back