Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
well - - the forecast here is calling for another 8-12 inches of snow by Monday mid-morning... dirty-sinkin'-miserable-rotten-motherless@#$%^&*...

yea - we heard you the first time - sheesh :wtf:
Oops, did not see that double. What's really strange is it only did the pic on the first. :realcrazy:

Anyway, the mission was a success... I think. It works in all three speeds and parks. Just did not want to park at the same level every time. I was wetting the window with the squirters. Huge diff if the glass is wet vs dry. Seamed more consistent after a few cycles. And the clunkiness of the linkage seamed less too. I guess it had to find it's happy place. :lol:

Oops, did not see that double. What's really strange is it only did the pic on the first. :realcrazy:

Anyway, the mission was a success... I think. It works in all three speeds and parks. Just did not want to park at the same level every time. I was wetting the window with the squirters. Huge diff if the glass is wet vs dry. Seamed more consistent after a few cycles. And the clunkiness of the linkage seamed less too. I guess it had to find it's happy place. :lol:
nice - you know, I got the wipers on mine working - but I have no intention of needing them - it's 100% about passing inspection once a year

nice - you know, I got the wipers on mine working - but I have no intention of needing them - it's 100% about passing inspection once a year
And I do need them for that. I was going to try to plate as an Antique. It's a one time $150 to register and no inspection. I found out they no longer require photos of the car showing condition. BUT, I looked at the form online. At first it is kinda vague, saying 'substantially' like original or something to that tune. However, right at the signature line it specifically says something about properly maintained (eluding to it being inspectable, which I believe I will pass without issue) AND good paint, interior and chrome (which is 3 strikes for me :BangHead:) Penalty if you are busted -$2500 and possible jail. I'm wondering if they dropped the pics cause it cost them more to manage that way. Or are they setting a trap. Cause I know there are lots of vehicles that do not meet the requirements getting antique plates...

And I do need them for that. I was going to try to plate as an Antique. It's a one time $150 to register and no inspection. I found out they no longer require photos of the car showing condition. BUT, I looked at the form online. At first it is kinda vague, saying 'substantially' like original or something to that tune. However, right at the signature line it specifically says something about properly maintained (eluding to it being inspectable, which I believe I will pass without issue) AND good paint, interior and chrome (which is 3 strikes for me :BangHead:) Penalty if you are busted -$2500 and possible jail. I'm wondering if they dropped the pics cause it cost them more to manage that way. Or are they setting a trap. Cause I know there are lots of vehicles that do not meet the requirements getting antique plates...
a lot of those "rules" are really left up to interpretation -- do you have a link to that form? I'd like to read it

I run antique tags here in Texas, but they're pretty loose with the rules here.

OH - that just ain't right!! hilarious of course - but so not right... I mean the guy isn't even here to defend himself!!! :lol:
Some dickhead comment like that is sure to lure him back in! First the barber, then pig *****... what the hell is next from that guy?

https://www.dot.state.pa.us/Public/DVSPubsForms/BMV/BMV Forms/MV-11.pdf
This is actually a newer version than what I saw previously. The wording is a little 'looser'. I think once I get it painted and take care of the ripped up front seat I will be fine. So maybe by next year...
You will be fine getting yours registered as an antique. I did it with mine with the vintage '69 tag at the same time. My local Auto Tag place has done literally hundreds of them and it was a snap.

You don't need to get it painted or fix the seat rip either. It isn't a requirement that they are restored, just not heavily modified. Heavy modification puts you into the 'street rod' category.

You can go get yours registered now, you don't need to wait. Lot's of guys around here get the registration when the car is still in pieces in the garage.

He is supposed to fly back today
If he left on Saturday morning like he said he was planning to, that was last night our time. Based on travel time, he should be getting home this evening our time.

Soooo I found out who bought that dart swinger I showed you all this am

-
Back