Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I bet you are happy to be back on time Mitch, I have biscuits in the oven now, looks like a great day is underway sir :thumbsup:

So I got some news the other day...
The plant I work for will be closing. They are continuing regular production till end of March. Several of us are being offered what could be a substantial severance/bonus to stick around till the place is cleared. As Maintenance I will be the key person in removing everything, so I probably have work till end of May. Possible job offer at another facility - and they would assist with moving. Gonna get more details in next couple weeks.

I think I am going to upgrade the locks on the valiant to the later style which means some grinding and welding.

the original style domed locks are just too hard to find and they are mega expensive. there is a set of "restored" ones on fleabay that look really nice ...but 189. dollars

the later (66-68) style are 30. bucks all day long for the set of doors and ignition matched to one key....not only are they cheaper, there are a few pages of available ones on fleabay. ....plus slantsixdan says the later style are better locks to boot

The plant I work for will be closing. They are continuing regular production till end of March. Several of us are being offered what could be a substantial severance/bonus to stick around till the place is cleared. As Maintenance I will be the key person in removing everything, so I probably have work till end of May. Possible job offer at another facility - and they would assist with moving. Gonna get more details in next couple weeks.
sorry to hear that ....change is a horrible thing

Well, they released my Dad and he's on the way back to his facility. No serious injury, minor contusions only.

Thank God for that.

Glad to hear

Yikes

Dang Keef...That's not good. Or is it?

Listen carefully to their offer Keith. My buddy here worked for Sperry New Holland and when they closed the Belleville plant he had the same offer. But if he moved to the New Holland plant he would lose his 28 years seniority and the 2 years he needed to get full benefits were null and void. He stayed here and the people who bought the plant hired him because no one knew the building as well as him

sorry to hear that ....change is a horrible thing
Change is inevitable
Nah change isn't always bad.
Dang Keef...That's not good. Or is it?
Too early to tell. Been slowly recovering from the financial mess of last time I was out of work for a while in 2013. I saw the writing on the wall this was coming. Just hoped it would take longer and I would be in a little better position when it did. The company is actually in good shape, but customer needs changed and they just don't need to be here. Most of our work will move to Alabama. They also have a place in far south CA and a new one in Minnesota. That's the more likely one I would be offered -not really where I want to be. It's near SW corner of the state but still a lot colder than here.

Change is inevitable

Too early to tell. Been slowly recovering from the financial mess of last time I was out of work for a while in 2013. I saw the writing on the wall this was coming. Just hoped it would take longer and I would be in a little better position when it did. The company is actually in good shape, but customer needs changed and they just don't need to be here. Most of our work will move to Alabama. They also have a place in far south CA and a new one in Minnesota. That's the more likely one I would be offered -not really where I want to be. It's near SW corner of the state but still a lot colder than here.
Alabama would be calling my name...

Change is inevitable

I guess so...I remember 16 years ago someone said to me ....."you are going to USA" I said ..."no, I am not...I don't want to" He said "yes you are" I said " no I am not, you cant make me" He said "yes, I can" ...I said " I am laying here and you cant make me, I wont do it, kill me first" He didn't say anymore and just picked me up and .....yea, he made me.

Then I realized it isn't so bad, because you guys have mopars here. :usflag:

I guess so...I remember 16 years ago someone said to me ....."you are going to USA" I said ..."no, I am not...I don't want to" He said "yes you are" I said " no I am not, you cant make me" He said "yes, I can" ...I said " I am laying here and you cant make me, I wont do it, kill me first" He didn't say anymore and just picked me up and .....yea, he made me.

Then I realized it isn't so bad, because you guys have mopars here. :usflag:
And bacon!

Listen carefully to their offer Keith. My buddy here worked for Sperry New Holland and when they closed the Belleville plant he had the same offer. But if he moved to the New Holland plant he would lose his 28 years seniority and the 2 years he needed to get full benefits were null and void. He stayed here and the people who bought the plant hired him because no one knew the building as well as him
The building we are in is just leased warehouse space till someone puts something in it. Most likely will be completely different operation. Only with them a couple years, so seniority not a big issue. But, pretty sure it will carry if I move.

Change is inevitable

Ouch

I was lid off in February of 2013 too, just days after we found out we were expecting our first. I had no clue it was coming, CFO for the company embezzled every single penny, cancelled contracts with customers one Friday and skipped town, 3 days later, 50% laid off. I'm still trying to crawl out from that mess my self. It exhausted my entire savings before I found work again.

Speaking of carbs...the one in the Fury was plugged up...that's why all this time it hasn't been running right. Finally, FINALLY it runs so smooth now. It's like night and day. Just in time for the small car meet in the morning.
Good to hear David, don't forget your Camera.

Ouch

I was lid off in February of 2013 too, just days after we found out we were expecting our first. I had no clue it was coming, CFO for the company embezzled every single penny, cancelled contracts with customers one Friday and skipped town, 3 days later, 50% laid off. I'm still trying to crawl out from that mess my self. It exhausted my entire savings before I found work again.
We had no savings. Killed my 401K and some credit. Paying the regular bills OK and working on getting some of the credit paid back now but will be quite a while before my score is out of the toilet.

We had no savings. Killed my 401K and some credit. Paying the regular bills OK and working on getting some of the credit paid back now but will be quite a while before my score is out of the toilet.

Hope it works out better for you this go round. If you need anything.....I and your fabo buddies are here

Morning, this cold has been kicking my but for the last two weeks. Time to get out of the house, might go check out the gun show, and see how my ADD is.

-
Back