Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
if they do have locks ....you might pick them up as good cores because it seems they are increasingly harder to find .....as for me ..I am upgrading to the later (66-8) style ...already ordered from the bay

Nice day here today...

I saw some flocks of geese flying overhead coming back north for the summer:

DSC03724 B.jpg

DSC03726 B.jpg

Check out this formation, reminds me of an x-pipe...

DSC03739 B.jpg

DSC03738 B.jpg

Apparently there is some jogging/running marathon today...

DSC03743 B.jpg

DSC03732 B.jpg

here's the article
The most Minnesota thing ever: A giant snowstorm after this warm weather

MN-SNOWSTORM.jpg

So how much are we talking?
OK, so a lot could change between now and then. But winter might return with vengeance.

If everything lines up, the NWS is suggesting the storm will carry 1-2 inches of water, with an inch of water equating to 10 inches of snow. Do the math – 2 inches of water could mean 20 inches of snow.

Here’s a look at what some of the weather models are showing for precipitation. Michaels says the stuff over Iowa will likely be rain, but the red, yellows and greens in Minnesota are currently projecting as heavy snow.

Screen-Shot-2017-02-17-at-8.49.06-AM.jpg

here's the article
The most Minnesota thing ever: A giant snowstorm after this warm weather

View attachment 1715019265

So how much are we talking?
OK, so a lot could change between now and then. But winter might return with vengeance.

If everything lines up, the NWS is suggesting the storm will carry 1-2 inches of water, with an inch of water equating to 10 inches of snow. Do the math – 2 inches of water could mean 20 inches of snow.

Here’s a look at what some of the weather models are showing for precipitation. Michaels says the stuff over Iowa will likely be rain, but the red, yellows and greens in Minnesota are currently projecting as heavy snow.

View attachment 1715019266

I heard that 1" of water makes 4" of snow...

Karl ever go to the Willaby Inn? Across from the water tower they had good food there and wash it down with a old style.

No, I've never been there....

Going downtown is such a hassle.... Traffic, parking....

Most of what we need is right here in the suburbs....

I heard that 1" of water makes 4" of snow...
Ruler+Snow.jpg

Rick/NBCPhiladelphia.com
Does the myth measure up?

When it snow 10 inches does that actually equal one inch of rain?

I’m sure you’ve heard that claim. It is a commonly shared belief that seems to get regurgitated every time it pours cats and dogs or snows feet.

But, is the legend true?

The quick answer: sometimes.

When the temperature is around 30 degrees, one inch of liquid precipitation would fall as 10 inches of snow -- assuming the storm is all snow.

But, the amount of moisture in each snowflake differs depending on the temperature changing the snow to rain ratio.

For example, our big December snowstorm occurred with temperatures closer to 25 degrees. During that storm the snow ratio was closer to 15 inches of snow to one inch of rain. We had 1.75 inches of "liquid equivalent," yet ended up with 23.2 inches of snow, not 17.5 inches of accumulation.

In fact, I took this into account when forecasting 15 to 25 inches from the Philadelphia area southward for the storm. We even showed a graphic on-air explaining those estimates.

We've had storms with snow closer to 20 degrees -- moving the snow ratio closer to 20 to one. And, when it's warmer (35 to 40 degrees), the ratio moves to 5:1.

So, when someone claims that it's 10:1, PERIOD, you can tell him or her that they're wrong.

I don't like the idea of paying good money for a pizza that I have to bring home and bake .....if I am paying for a pizza at a place, it better be warm and ready to eat now, like in the parking lot and stuff
Welll, no way it's the same as a just made from scratch.... We do frozen pizza pretty often. Discount grocer across the street usually has a few to choose from between 2 to 4 bucks. Usually keep a couple in our freezer for a quick cheap meal. That and some salad works for me. Actually just had a pretty good one from Walmart. :eek: lol. Large meat lovers for under $7...

View attachment 1715019267
Rick/NBCPhiladelphia.com
Does the myth measure up?

When it snow 10 inches does that actually equal one inch of rain?

I’m sure you’ve heard that claim. It is a commonly shared belief that seems to get regurgitated every time it pours cats and dogs or snows feet.

But, is the legend true?

The quick answer: sometimes.

When the temperature is around 30 degrees, one inch of liquid precipitation would fall as 10 inches of snow -- assuming the storm is all snow.

But, the amount of moisture in each snowflake differs depending on the temperature changing the snow to rain ratio.

For example, our big December snowstorm occurred with temperatures closer to 25 degrees. During that storm the snow ratio was closer to 15 inches of snow to one inch of rain. We had 1.75 inches of "liquid equivalent," yet ended up with 23.2 inches of snow, not 17.5 inches of accumulation.

In fact, I took this into account when forecasting 15 to 25 inches from the Philadelphia area southward for the storm. We even showed a graphic on-air explaining those estimates.

We've had storms with snow closer to 20 degrees -- moving the snow ratio closer to 20 to one. And, when it's warmer (35 to 40 degrees), the ratio moves to 5:1.

So, when someone claims that it's 10:1, PERIOD, you can tell him or her that they're wrong.

I guess it depends on if you get the wet/heavy snow around 28° - 32° or the light fluffy stuff under 26°....

That wet/heavy stuff is hard on my snow blower.... It likes the light fluffy stuff better...

usually pizza in front of me isn't in existence long enough for me to tell you if it is fit for a connoisseur....pizza is pizza when its in your tummy LOL

I guess it depends on if you get the wet/heavy snow around 28° - 32° or the light fluffy stuff under 26°....

That wet/heavy stuff is hard on my snow blower.... It likes the light fluffy stuff better...

I modified my 2 stage snowblower this year. works great on the slush now. Used old rubber mud flaps and some self tapping screws to help clean the tunnel.

here's a pic from the web to show what i'm talking about

DSC08222-1.jpg

lot of variables. Remember the snowflake pics Dave posted? I'm sure different shapes pile higher.

Hawaii had a Asian Pizza place we lived near, after a few years went and tried Beef and broccoli one It was great like a sesame crust, some sort of teriyaki sauce and some cheese. Closed a few months afterwards, we went there every Friday.

-
Back