Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Mine is the same as yours Mike, 6:10 on my TV right now :coffee2:

Hoppy started the day here at 4:50. Too early for me. I need my beauty sleep! I was still dreaming about Mopars then! Good morning Rani.

Hoppy started the day here at 4:50. Too early for me. I need my beauty sleep! I was still dreaming about Mopars then! Good morning Rani.

I slept 7 hours last night :cheers: look out world :D

Good Morning Miss Mopar ! Ever think of doing a casting call for All Girls Garage ???

I'm having a tough time deciding whether to buy that Swinger or not. The comments on my "what's it worth" thread make sense. The asking price is pretty high for a 318 car.....but it is real nice.

Good morning Rainy

you guys are too fast ....from my first post on the bottom of the last page to the second post on this page ....I didn't even see you guys till I scrolled up.

I must be getting old because I am getting slower and I still need to catch up on the last few pages :coffee2:

I'm having a tough time deciding whether to buy that Swinger or not. The comments on my "what's it worth" thread make sense. The asking price is pretty high for a 318 car.....but it is real nice.

What would it cost you to make one the same quality and how long?

Keep talking Hoppy. I like the way you think. lol

depends what your going to do with and how worried you are about the value of it.

70 swingers are not exactly growing on trees these days. Its a one time deal ...once you have it, you have it and the money wont mean anything a year from now.

if you think your going to flip later or want your money back down the road then the fact that its a 318 makes a difference.

myself, once I make up my mind I want a certain car ....its like a marriage....and we all know you never get your wedding expenses back lol

And marriage is an institution are you ready to be institutionalized?

TMM, which has a better return on the dollar? The bank or MOPAR?

depends what your going to do with and how worried you are about the value of it.

70 swingers are not exactly growing on trees these days. Its a one time deal ...once you have it, you have it and the money wont mean anything a year from now.

if you think your going to flip later or want your money back down the road then the fact that its a 318 makes a difference.

myself, once I make up my mind I want a certain car ....its like a marriage....and we all know you never get your wedding expenses back lol

Good points! Not too many 30,000 mile 70 Swingers left. And it has been messed with so I wouldn't feel bad about modifying it to my liking.

you can always make a 340 clone down the road if that's what your after.

I actually have a 70 swinger as well and it was a slant six car. I swapped in a 383 and a rally dash. The rally dash cost up the nose and took me almost 2 years to complete but it was something I had to do or I wouldn't feel complete and now that its done......the near thousand dollars I spent on the dash doesn't mean anything because its all water under the bridge LOL

I'm not really concerned about the resale value in a few years. I tend to keep cars a while and in 10 years it should be worth at least what I paid for it. (if not more)

I would have to ask way to much for the popmobile!!!!!!!!!!!
High demand classic!

I'm not really concerned about the resale value in a few years. I tend to keep cars a while and in 10 years it should be worth at least what I paid for it. (if not more)

well its a good year ....1970 IMO is the absolute peak of mopar mania .....name anything bad Chrysler built in 70. It was a home run year, every car line had something mega cool about it in 70. of course IMO, but I think the values of the car say that as well. I never heard of anyone wanting to clone or change the front end to something else on a 70 anything.

you can always make a 340 clone down the road if that's what your after.
I would be tempted to put a 4 barrell on the 318 under the hood and some valve covers done by Leanna and call it good. I am not a tire smoker and like 20 mpg when cruising to shows.

what I started out with

That's a nice clean Swinger Rani. I wish I had the place to work on my cars like you do. (and the patience too)

Good Morning Miss Mopar ! Ever think of doing a casting call for All Girls Garage ???

someone was just telling me about that a couple weeks ago. I still have seen it. I am not much of a TV watcher. My dad has one of those fancy TVs with like a thousand channels or something. I feel guilty if I watch TV because I feel like I am not getting anything done.

When I was a kid, TV was a no no .....so now I always feel like someone is going to tell me I am supposed to be working when no one actually cares now that I am grown up and stuff lol

I would have to ask way to much for the popmobile!!!!!!!!!!!
High demand classic!

well I hope someday that is absolutely true. not as many people appreciate the "later As" but I am impressed with them with my 75 duster.

Chrysler engineering was something special in those days but few see it. The later cars are one of the main reasons I am in love with Chrysler Corp. Few people will ever grasp the innovation greatness of a single company. Chrysler pioneered so many things in the 60s and 70s that are common now.

-
Back