Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
:BangHead:
so the job hunt begins..

:lol: before dave complains bout lack of info, no i didn't get laid off. I just had my performance review and while my performance is top in the office, and the office is benefiting big time profit wise from that, no raise for me. She lied to my face and told me i was topped out already. Which is straight bs because I'm the lowest paid in the office.....
See, that wasn't so hard now...was it? :D

Sorry to hear about the BS though. You probably already knew it was time to be changing jobs anyway...this just gives you the kick in the *** to do it.

Wondering whether to put the new hood lock pins I have on the shelf on my 67 Barracuda. They are not period correct but nothing on the car is anyway------------------Hmmmmmm---------------what to do------------what to do-----------:drama:

Wondering whether to put the new hood lock pins I have on the shelf on my 67 Barracuda. They are not period correct but nothing on the car is anyway------------------Hmmmmmm---------------what to do------------what to do-----------:drama:
Do it

Sorry to hear about the BS though. You probably already knew it was time to be changing jobs anyway...this just gives you the kick in the *** to do it.
No

And

Yes.

Wanna hear something sad.... take a guess at what the national average starting salary is for my degree?

Well, I finally got my taxes done. I figured it would be a mess with the job switch, severance payments and house sale. After wading through it all, I was disappointed that I'm not getting any money back like I usually do (usually a few thousand):(...but at least I don't owe anything.

Since I'm not getting anything back, I'm putting off the actual filing until it's closer to the due date.

Wanna hear something sad.... take a guess at what the national average starting salary is for my degree?
50% more than you are making.

National averages aren't a good source since the really high price areas fubar the average and therefore don't accurately represent your area. Look for local or regional averages instead.

Well, I finally got my taxes done. I figured it would be a mess with the job switch, severance payments and house sale. After wading through it all, I was disappointed that I'm not getting any money back like I usually do (usually a few thousand):(...but at least I don't owe anything.

Since I'm not getting anything back, I'm putting off the actual filing until it's closer to the due date.
So you broke 00 even? That's a first for me. I've seen people get back 1.00 or owe a 1.00 but not a break even but hey beats oweing money

50% more than you are making.

National averages aren't a good source since the really high price areas fubar the average and therefore don't accurately represent your area. Look for local or regional averages instead.
I'm making 58% less than the national average, 46 percent less than the state average and 42 percent less than the local average

So you broke 00 even? That's a first for me. I've seen people get back 1.00 or owe a 1.00 but not a break even but hey beats oweing money
Well sort of...Fed is even but the State owes me $4. I just rolled it over as a credit for next year.

Had a nice day here, cleaned the Fury's windows and chrome real good (Bon Ami original, yellow can.) Tried out a $$pecial vinyl repair tape, will see how the one test patch holds up before I use any more. Met my young lady friend downtown for lunch. Stopped and took a few pics on the way home. A place that has Frisbee golf and you can do wakeboarding and other stuff there...
001.JPG

005.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG

006.JPG

I'm making 58% less than the national average, 46 percent less than the state average and 42 percent less than the local average
Then you are definitely overdue for a job change. You didn't know you were this underpaid before now?

Had a nice day here, cleaned the Fury's windows and chrome real good (Bon Ami original, yellow can.) Tried out a $$pecial vinyl repair tape, will see how the one test patch holds up before I use any more. Met my young lady friend downtown for lunch. Stopped and took a few pics on the way home. A place that has Frisbee golf and you can do wakeboarding and other stuff there...
View attachment 1715020000
View attachment 1715020001
View attachment 1715020002
View attachment 1715020003
Looks great! That car is just massive badass piece of Detroit iron...you definitely need a vintage NASA front plate!

Then you are definitely overdue for a job change. You didn't know you were this underpaid before now?
No I've known it. But I was ok with it for a while as I was on a tier system to where I was supposed to get X percent increase based on performance standards, I set new records on the charts and have for a year plus. But I also didn't know until recently just how badly underpaid we were. Keep in mind, I don't have any benefits other than a 1 percent of pay 401k. If I were to take the insurance, I'd take another 2.00 am hr deduction

View attachment 1715020000
View attachment 1715020001
View attachment 1715020002
View attachment 1715020003

View attachment 1715020004
Beautiful

-
Back