Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
they're in a tough spot - thats the biggest bugaboo... can you get a chisel in there?

oh wait - the arm rest pad has a metal frame so that won't work - hummmmmm

short of trying to drill the heads off, I can't imagine how you're going to get them off of there without destroying them

use a punch to make a centering hole so the drill bit goes up the center of the screw - try to use bit that is just slightly smaller than the shank of the screw..

I'm not concerned much with this one as that happens to be the one that needs replaced anyway. Plus I'm not sure I'll even put on back in at this point. Depends on what I decide with rear buckets

I'm not concerned much with this one as that happens to be the one that needs replaced anyway. Plus I'm not sure I'll even put on back in at this point. Depends on what I decide with rear buckets
oh, well in that case... clear the pad away from the metal backing -do what ya gotta do, a utility knife comes to mind - snip the metal away from the screws and then use vise grips to get the screws out - desperate times call for desperate measures

oh, well in that case... clear the pad away from the metal backing - snip the metal away from the screws and then use vise gris to get the screws out - desperate times call for desperate measures
Hey chebby boy, I need a small block chevy

Might be a dumb ?, but what size phillips you using? Thought they were normally held on with #3's and #2 will go in just enough to destroy them.

Might be a dumb ?, but what size phillips you using? Thought they were normally held on with #3's and #2 will go in just enough to destroy them.
They were already destroyed when I got to them, previous owner stripped them with something. The other side came right out no problem

Dr.Duke says the PO stripped them out--- uhhuh... :D
Trust me, I'd admit it if I'd screwed these up, honestly, they look like he tried to drilling them out. Or use an ez out and failed. I've stripped many a screw but never would have done one this badly

My Saturday check in, forgot this morning as I went to the swap meet.

Well, I went a little crazy and bought a bunch of new metal sign art for the garage...

71+END2o9TL__SL1001_.jpg

BAM-BACS0501.jpg

hrs-000105_xl.jpg

mrg-4c_xl.jpg

orb-90145094_xl.jpg

s-l500OH64SN6U.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l16001.jpg

vsc-edl0003_w.jpg

wnd-10004wnd.jpg

So I need help. The previous owner stripped out the screws that hold the passenger rear arm rest on, think I should just drill them out

What about one of those impact screw drivers that you hammer on to break things loose????

-
Back