Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
hell, I took a run to the next town over at 5pm yesterday for some food - - it was nice to get home and have it still be light out

hell, I took a run to the next town over at 5pm yesterday for some food - - it was nice to get home and have it still be light out
Yeah and then this morning i had trouble getting up thinking it was earlier than it was due to the darkness

Got Rons car on wheels and off the lift yesterday, ended up re arranging the shop. Man it is amazing what accumulates around the walls!
DSC01257.JPG

So I finally broke down and done it. I finally started reading the book 1984.... buddy been trying to get me to read it for years, so I started and I must say, for a book written in 1948, either it was used as a blue print or the author really was predicting the future very well. TVs that listened to you inside your own homes?! Isnt that what Samsung just got busted for?

Should be able to get all the cars in the shop before this hits except the truck, that one really doesn't matter.

That's the legal way there are others, I know one guy that used to throw the main breaker and just plug a gen into a outlet with a male/male plug, not really a good way but it will power it up.

Just cut it and put a plug and a wall type socket so it fits. Usually they are 110. Baseboard?

splice it in?
220 gen you can plug into a drier outlet and backfeed to the box, kill the main and breakers for anything not being used. I have pulled the face off the box and wired to the buss bars also, yeah not the right way, but after 2 hurricanes back to back 3 weeks in Fl with no power, all I wanted was a hot shower.

That does work if your main is a three phase, you do not want any phase leaving the house, the electric worker can get killed.

I have a small 2k one that I actually fired up last night to check it, love this thing will run the heat, small enough to bring to a junk yard also.

I have a cable made up to go to my well pump, from my small generator. Need water when the power is out. My Son installed a standby 18KW gen, but hasn't finished the job yet...:BangHead::BangHead:

as long as the three wires are out red, white and black, I have seen main breakers in two and three phase. My house has a two phase. For me I just run a cord to the coal stove.

-
Back