Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Looks really good, love that cluster.
Good morning, we have a little chilly weather down here and they say rain is coming but they said that yesterday so we'll see.
I need to replace the countertop microwave that stays in this rental unit (I'd rather not have the landlord do it and have him be inclined to raise my rent too much,) where would you guys look? The old one was "compact" and 700 watts and white.
Ebay

Yet without doing that most systems would never make sense to a home owner. It's the credit from the power co that makes it viable. But then it is completely against what was just discussed about backfeed from generator. When power guy shows up in an outage and thinks he is working on a dead line he can get fried.
Just turn off the main. No back feed.

My state and several others want to make that illegal. Basically, you can't get a penny back if you backfeed the line, it becomes property of the power company. At least that's the push
Around here we have co's going door to door, but it sounds like a screwy deal and you can't really get a straight answer. Like they install the stuff and then you purchase electricity from them. I think there in bed with the power co.

Around here we have co's going door to door, but it sounds like a screwy deal and you can't really get a straight answer. Like they install the stuff and then you purchase electricity from them. I think there in bed with the power co.
They off set their emissions with them to the EPA, "carbon credits" Look it up that is a screwy Al Gore deal.

My Fing electric bill is almost 500 Bucks a month! Or was.

DAMN! I thought mine was bad at an average of $250!
Dang!!! Mine averages 160 a month!

Yet without doing that most systems would never make sense to a home owner. It's the credit from the power co that makes it viable. But then it is completely against what was just discussed about backfeed from generator. When power guy shows up in an outage and thinks he is working on a dead line he can get fried.
that's the argument. I'm hoping to be able to combine a solar system in with a house loan. figured 15 grand roughly for one capable of running a house.

They off set their emissions with them to the EPA, "carbon credits" Look it up that is a screwy Al Gore deal.
I purchased my Power setup outright. The other ways a a scam for sure. Got it financed just like anything else you buy, car, boat, ring. Simple finance setup.

I purchased my Power setup outright. The other ways a a scam for sure. Got it financed just like anything else you buy, car, boat, ring. Simple finance setup.
how many KW can you produce a day?

Yay its Monday so i can go to a yard today and get the lower seat tracks i need

This is exactly why i hate weekends ....can't do anything because everything is closed or closed early......blah

Oh sweet Monday and workweek when everything is open and ready for business

Nice! that's actually twice what we use. granted you're in a sunnier state. But in the summer time, I'd be backfeeding like crazy
Just got it installed, been raining like crazy, am anxious to see how it performs in the summer.

oops, I read mine wrong. Our average per hour at peak is 9.3. Totally daily average is 16.4 kw
Just got it installed, been raining like crazy, am anxious to see how it performs in the summer.

Solar grids have an overhead built it. It can produce much more, just guaranteed to produce stated output thru the entire life of the system. About 20 years they start to lose efficiency. 30 years they need to be replaced. USA made panels. Other panels go bad sooner.

Solar grids have an overhead built it. It can produce much more, just guaranteed to produce stated output thru the entire life of the system. About 20 years they start to lose efficiency. 30 years they need to be replaced. USA made panels. Other panels go bad sooner.
i see.

Kyrocera were what I had, big $ back then, Chris If you at going total stand alone you will need something for energy storage, not sure what is available maint free now, and you will want a gen hook up for the winter months when it snows and rains to keep the batts charged. I had all my lights run on dc, had a propane/12v fridge, propane instant water heater (that thing was awsome) 12v water pump, but mine was easy it was a catchment system into a above ground tank since there was no chance of freezing, They do make dc well pumps good to 200' then you have to look at the stuff you really need also heat, washer/dryer demands etc. A inverter has a loss to it also so just say you have 2k in storage call it 1.5 for the conversion to ac voltage. Some things will have to be ac still, just look at the kitchen, microwave, toaster, blender etc so you will want ac there they do make that stuff in dc but it is $$ and not really as good as ac appliances, Two different systems of wiring also. seriously do your research, I learned my lessons the hard way but had no choice it was 6 years before the power was even in the area. A decent wind gen also is good supplies power all day/night as a supplement.

Oh yeah I am back for a bit.

Watch the wind gens they have to be in a unobstructed area usually at least 20" up on a rigid pole/tower and they do have a wine to them. There should be wind maps in your area online, I had a friend he had a 4k wind gen worked well always a breeze there.

And like Tim's system , the safety of backfeeding the grid if it is down is already in place, a non issue.

They use the same thing as a transfer switch that disengages when it senses power loss from the outside.

-
Back