Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
They use the same thing as a transfer switch that disengages when it senses power loss from the outside.
i was wondering about that. I was afraid knowing my luck, I'd be away from home when the power went out and it'd backfeed the line

holy crap! I was looking at the cost just for the lines to connect to my house close to 20,000........

Have a good nap Karl, no way will I be napping today, maybe about 5pm, I need to take a set of headers to a town 20 miles away so they will have them this evening after work (Dirt track racers)

Thanks... I have to work until midnight... I need to be well rested...

Got a cool gift yesterday. My Mom made a small binder of photos and letters from her childhood. Her mother died real young, 46 and my uncle was only two year old. Before that, her father had passed (luckily my grandma was pretty and was able to find a new husband even though she had two children.) This was in northern New York and by the time I came along we lived in FL. So it always seemed like a sad subject to talk about and there weren't many photos, but through relatives my Mom got a few more photos. A good time to get the family history since my Mom is 80.

Also I started a thread about what jobs your ancestors did.

holy crap! I was looking at the cost just for the lines to connect to my house close to 20,000........

You have to do the math, Say the system is 15k and you wrap it up in a mortgage say 30y@5%. At 5% that 15k doubles in 20y to $30k, 37.5k at 30y. Ok so you get this 30% tax incentive. So say that's 5k you don't have to pay taxes on. If your in the 20% bracket that saves you oh, about a thousand. If you stay in the house for 30y when your done the system cost 37.5k Now if you save half your electric bill @$80m it will only take you 468.75 months to break even and at 360m(30y) the system needs replaced.

:rofl:

You have to do the math, Say the system is 15k and you wrap it up in a mortgage say 30y@5%. At 5% that 15k doubles in 20y to $30k, 37.5k at 30y. Ok so you get this 30% tax incentive. So say that's 5k you don't have to pay taxes on. If your in the 20% bracket that saves you oh, about a thousand. If you stay in the house for 30y when your done the system cost 37.5k Now if you save half your electric bill @$80m it will only take you 468.75 months to break even and at 360m(30y) the system needs replaced.

:rofl:
yeah i know. honestly, I'd probably finance that separate. but I'm exploring wind, solar and water, no way I'm paying a power company 20 grand to run 750 feet of cable.

I wonder...... the Amish use a natural gas bulb for lights in their homes. I wonder I can do something like that.

well, the freaking out over tomorrow's storm has begun... news channels showing all kinds of cancellations.. this place is acting like Armageddon is upon us..

yeah i know. honestly, I'd probably finance that separate. but I'm exploring wind, solar and water, no way I'm paying a power company 20 grand to run 750 feet of cable.
Call one of us that have/had it and ask a lot of dumb questions and do a lot of research, there are some great books on it prob at the library! Know what that is?:poke::rofl:

Looks really good, love that cluster.
Good morning, we have a little chilly weather down here and they say rain is coming but they said that yesterday so we'll see.
I need to replace the countertop microwave that stays in this rental unit (I'd rather not have the landlord do it and have him be inclined to raise my rent too much,) where would you guys look? The old one was "compact" and 700 watts and white.

Best Buy, HH Gregg, etc... Price them out, the counter top ones should be under $100 easy...

Hey Chris you can make a methane system for gas really easy! I did it in Hi in the cesspool!

-
Back