Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I used to hate it - seemed like a waste of my $$, and then when they fail you - it costs even more $$... of course I was young and wanted to spend my $$ on "better" chitz

Problem is... That is only done once per owner...Suppose you keep that vehicle for 20 yrs, and it falls into a state of disrepair, and you are still driving it.. Happens a lot here in Md. That's why we were always pushing for an annual inspection. Besides, if it was done annually, I'm sure it wouldn't be as comprehensive...
see i disagree with that

then a buddy died when his ball joint failed - he had a friend who would "sluff" inspections
You can still find a guy here or there that will just sign one. But like I said, they are overseen by the MSP, and they actually visit the inspectors and look at their paperwork. It's a huge fine and loss of licence, if you get caught.. Of course my motives for pushing for an Annual Inspection were purely monetary !!! :lol:

You can still find a guy here or there that will just sign one. But like I said, they are overseen by the MSP, and they actually visit the inspectors and look at their paperwork. It's a huge fine and loss of licence, if you get caught.. Of course my motives for pushing for an Annual Inspection were purely monetary !!! :lol:
Makin' America great again!:rofl:

In Md you can get historic on anything over 20y/o and it exempts you from have to get an inspection. So every old pos people reg historic. I've even seen historic tags on falling apart pos church buses and ratty work trucks. Md inspection is tough. They measure brake lining and all kinds of crap, oil leaks , rust. Look for nicks in sidewalls, play in the steering column and on and on. But, you only have to do it once.
Sounds like MD insp is a little more involved than PA, but ours is annual. None here on antique either, so people do same. But I see that loophole getting closed...

here it depends on the year - but all cars it's safety - e-brake, lights, horn, wipers and washer, ball joints, tires, windshield.. newer vehicles have to pass emissions too
We have emmisions in more populated counties. I was surprized not req on Duster for age. I thought it was 75 and up...

They do have something to gain by doing work to get you to pass.
The guy I go to 99% of his work is on big rigs. The reason is because he'll do them while I wait. Most want you to drop them off and leave them which is understandable from a shop perspective, but then I need a ride and something to do for 2 hours. Nice guy just doing his job.

Sounds like MD insp is a little more involved than PA, but ours is annual. None here on antique either, so people do same. But I see that loophole getting closed...
That's how this conversation started. I think they will crack down on those with Classic tags, 20yr old's that don't have to go through MSP.. I think it's a little different with Antique tags 25 yrs or older, sine most of them are collector cars and well maintained.

hmmm local mom and pop store for lunch? thats making america great again right?

That's how this conversation started. I think they will crack down on those with Classic tags, 20yr old's that don't have to go through MSP.. I think it's a little different with Antique tags 25 yrs or older, sine most of them are collector cars and well maintained.
so I don't think i can get antique plates on my dart. not with it being a resto mod

That's what I was asking Mitch, because around here they are starting to get on people and it's been mentioned on the news the laws changed in Oct. where the regulations governing "Historic" tags are much like collector ins, less then 2k year, no to and from work, only occasional drives, parades.

hell, you all may remember the BS I have gone through with the Scamp and exhaust... first year it was because "those cars didn't come with side dump exhaust, it has to come out the back". Then last year it was because it was hanging too low... ugh :BangHead: - - which turned out to be complete BS

Man it sucks out, had to dig out the tractor, just scoop and drop snow. Taking a break for a few.

hell, you all may remember the BS I have gone through with the Scamp and exhaust... first year it was because "those cars didn't come with Chevy scoops, it has to have the emblem on the back". Then last year it was because it was hanging too low... ugh :BangHead:
Fixed it!

Ehhh.. There's Always a way. I've been circumventing the system, all my Life...:lol:
indiana bmv started getting tougher to get around in the last few years. heck, they tried to charge me excise tax on a vehicle prior to me owning it! dating back to 1993 because the previous owner let it sit and never registered it. took a call from an attorney to the state bmv to get that ironed out.

-
Back