Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
last time I went ....on the way back I went through Chicago INTL. Airport ......by the time I got there I was feeling wasted from all the flying.

Ha, They have me flying to Chicago first and then to Vienna in September. Seems awful backwards to me.

That is a loooooong flight, glad those days are over for me. Try it with web seats! Really long ride.

You got that big block stabbed Ray Sr. :cheers: What the hec do you have in that Hop's field that keeps you going stong ! :D

yea long flights sure give you time to think.

I go from Denver to Hyd

So its usually 2.5 hours from Denver to Houston ....then almost 19 hours from Houston to Dubai and then almost 6 hours from Dubai to Hyd.

the thought is even exhausting

Ret.rd strength my friend, not as easy as advertised. The drivers side header was a pain for sure. It will be on next drop in for sure.

I had a friend that used to go to Japan from NY all the time, it was like 20 hours straight if I remember right.

yea long flights sure give you time to think.

I go from Denver to Hyd

So its usually 2.5 hours from Denver to Houston ....then almost 19 hours from Houston to Dubai and then almost 6 hours from Dubai to Hyd.

the thought is even exhausting

You should take a ride in this plane, it will get you there MUCH FASTER...

It's the 426 Hemi of airplanes!!! It set the record for New York to London...

View attachment a12.jpg

View attachment sr71.jpg

View attachment yf12.jpg

View attachment yf12missile.jpg

New York to London SR-71 Speed Run

On September 1, 1974 Major James V. Sullivan, 37 (pilot) and Noel F. Widdifield, 33 (reconnaissance systems officer) (photo inset), flashed across the starting line (radar gates in New York) at approximately 80,000 feet and speed in excess of 2,000 miles per hour. Exactly 1 hour 54 minutes and 56.4 seconds later, they had set a new world speed record from New York to London England. The average speed was 1,807 statute mph over the 3,461 statute mile course, slowing to refuel one time from a specially modified KC-135 refueling tanker. The aircraft was placed on static display at Farnborough Air Show for 1 week. It marked the first time the secret plane had been on public display outside of the United States. kelly_6.jpgClarence L. "Kelly" Johnson (photo inset), the aircrafts designer, was on hand for the event. He remarked, "It (the SR-71) has exceeded all my expectations."

Another historic speed record was set on the return trip to the United States. Capt Harold B. Adams, 31 (pilot), and Major William Machorek, 32 (reconnaissance systems operator), set a speed record from London to Los Angeles. They returned the Blackbird 5,447 statute miles in 3 hours 47 minutes and 39 seconds for an average speed of 1,435 miles per hour. The difference in the two speed records was due to refueling requirements and having to slow over major US cities. Even so a large number of people in Los Angeles reported broken windows due to the sonic boom.

http://www.wvi.com/~sr71webmaster/srspee~1.htm

Thanks TMM, glad I am doing it this way lots of myths out there about it. Want to fire it up today but have to get the floor clean or the oil will catch on fire!

Hey Rani, I have been enjoying your B Wagon photos on Facebook. Love those wagons "in the crate" lol.

Thanks TMM, glad I am doing it this way lots of myths out there about it. Want to fire it up today but have to get the floor clean or the oil will catch on fire!

So your gonna fire it up just for a short, since no wireing or rad. Then pull it after you check for drive shaft ?

Just 12 to the coil and the rad will be in with water and open headers, need the header collector plates to get here (tomorrow) before any sort of muffler can go on. I think it is going to be in for a bit to fit all the stuff it will need to stay in. Might as well do the wiring also with it in.

-
Back