Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
boy - all this military talk got me thinking and remembering - my father was 7th ACCS out of Westover AFB

he also did a year or so in Hawaii

My dad was in the Navy from '62 - '66 and was stationed out of Pearl Harbor....

He was damage control officer on a Fletcher Class Destroyer...

As he used to say, "If we got hit, it was my job to keep the tin can afloat..."

Luckily, they were never hit when he was there....

Mom got him a dog for his birthday one year... Pick of the litter Hawaiian Crown Jewel Dalmatian... She was a great dog, my best friend growing up.....

Cause I don't understand how the balancer works. Figure if it ain't doing its thing it would cause vibration...Just considering anything....

It balances the vibrations out from the pulses of the cylinders firing...

Determined by the number of cylinders, the cylinder configuration (in-line, vee, or other), and the firing order...

It smoothes out the pulses from how each cylinder fires and the order that they fire in...

Sometimes the rubber dry rots and the outer ring will rotate and throw everything out of balance...

My dad was in the Navy from '62 - '66 and was stationed out of Pearl Harbor....

He was damage control officer on a Fletcher Class Destroyer...

As he used to say, "If we got hit, it was my job to keep the tin can afloat..."

Luckily, they were never hit when he was there....

Mom got him a dog for his birthday one year... Pick of the litter Hawaiian Crown Jewel Dalmatian... She was a great dog, my best friend growing up.....
My grandfather was one of the rare ones with 3 discharges from WW2 from 3 different countries

Warning..... the following video contains images not for the weak stomache. This video is from Iraq circa 2010ish . Largest IED explosion to date.

About earlier this morning, sorry about that, I can watch this stuff here like this all day but the suicide ones get to me for obvious reasons. Didn't mean to freak out on you all

Warning..... the following video contains images not for the weak stomache. This video is from Iraq circa 2010ish . Largest IED explosion to date.
No problem not my intent to upset you.

About earlier this morning, sorry about that, I can watch this stuff here like this all day but the suicide ones get to me for obvious reasons. Didn't mean to freak out on you all

You can't choose your face, but you can always pick your nose.... :rolleyes:
oh hey - here is the Marantz I have out in the garage
marantz.jpg

Keith lets plan next weekend just give me a call so I bring the right test tool and a puller just in case. The one from the motor I gave you is the same.

I don't think many do. Or if they do, seldomly
I know I am a mystery to my wife and kids better she does not know, she found out about one when a guy that used to work for me came for a weekend and flipped out that I never told her about that I was going there.

-
Back