Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Good luck figuring it out Rani. I geo all the wiring rerouted and wrapped/cut/modified and the pop would not fire at all, oops forgot to put the engine to body ground back on!

Good morning Mitch. I like the offsets. Got plenty of caster on my 69 with them, maybe a bit too much with the manual steering. Kinda stiff at slow speeds. I'll add power steering when the V8 goes in, so I'll just live with it for now. Still rides and drives great tho..

Jeff, I'm a little jealous on the 1.03's. Let me know how you like em when you get em in..

I have PST 1.03's and the ride great, not as stiff as I thought with the slanty we will see with the 440, just dropped about an inch when it went in.

Good luck figuring it out Rani. I geo all the wiring rerouted and wrapped/cut/modified and the pop would not fire at all, oops forgot to put the engine to body ground back on!

well if anything its still fun ....to me this isn't like working on a customer car or one of my dad's newer POS (potty mouth) econo-boxes.

I am just happy to spend some quality time with the car .......even if it gets me nowhere :love7:

Attachments

• use.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 85
Big shout out to A1 driveshaft in Milwaukee Wi, super product and a great price. They even machined the outside of the tube! Almost a shame to paint it but I did not have any clear.

I am still wrestling with my dang o dart .......

now I have everything back together but the key doesn't do anything.

I can turn the started over with a screwdriver across the contacts but when I try to turn it over with the key .....nothing

I am getting 12 V across the fusible link and into the dash and almost everything works like headlights and dome light .....I don't have a radio so I don't know if the dash is powering up.

I hate electrical, but today will be a date with the multi-meter

Could you happen to have another starter relay laying around you can put on it ? Hope this is an easy fix for you today :glasses7: Good morning folks :coffee2:

Really nice here too, I have to do some things inside the house then hopefully get the pop under its own power again.........

Really nice here too, I have to do some things inside the house then hopefully get the pop under its own power again.........
Did you say what the drive shaft set you back Rayray ? another step toward road time :burnout:

269 shipped with solid u joints. Great place to get one. I think I measured a bit short but it should be fine.

269 shipped with solid u joints. Great place to get one. I think I measured a bit short but it should be fine.
:color: groovy :cheers:
A new and well balanced drive shaft delivered for under 300 is a good price to pay, I am looking at taking my drive shaft (8? Aspen) and have it cut and fitted with new U-Joints to a local builder :glasses7: I will let you know when I get it measured and built what my cost was
By the way, I have all my new bearings for the rear end here waiting on me to set up my new 8 1/4 rear end sure grip you set me up with Rayray :color:

Wish we had a local one here. Take some pics of the sure grip with the gears on it, I am curious how thick that puppy is. I have to run get a new "throne" gasket for upstairs. I hate plumbing!

:color: groovy :cheers:
A new and well balanced drive shaft delivered for under 300 is a good price to pay, I am looking at taking my drive shaft (8? Aspen) and have it cut and fitted with new U-Joints to a local builder :glasses7: I will let you know when I get it measured and built what my cost was
By the way, I have all my new bearings for the rear end here waiting on me to set up my new 8 1/4 rear end sure grip you set me up with Rayray :color:

Measure it four times, Mine is a we bit short and we measured it three.

Measure it four times, Mine is a we bit short and we measured it three.
Will do :glasses7: now go get that wax ring Mr. Plumber :D I have changed out over 300 of them, do the thrown dance to smash it good :D

I just found this place last week for driveline parts. They moved since I used to live here. I had a drive shaft made by them for my Barracuda from scratch back in the 80's...

Now they have a new shop only 15 - 20 minutes from my house...

http://www.chicagodriveline.com/

What is the "throw down dance"???

Any videos of this???

go to the 2 minute time

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tsFuu16JXM"]How to Repair a Toilet : Wax Ring Maintenance for Toilet - YouTube[/ame]

-
Back