Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
So is the wife bringing you to Dennys for a free meal? I did that only once to Marilyn!

Looks like my throttle cable bracket will be here today! Last really needed piece, I did have to get a vac reservoir for the brakes I did not think of during the build, Only have 11 at idle.

Looks like my throttle cable bracket will be here today! Last really needed piece, I did have to get a vac reservoir for the brakes I did not think of during the build, Only have 11 at idle.

Try installing a check valve on the reservoir also, so if the engine vacuum gets low, it doesn't suck the vacuum out of the reservoir, but it's still available for the brakes...

I got one from summit, has the check vale like on the booster. Just need to get the rest of the steering back in to see where to mount it.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-g1464/overview/

But if you add another reservoir, you may need to "protect" that vacuum with a check valve so it can't be sucked away from the brakes.

I used to design vacuum lines for Jeep for three years... We always put a check valve in to protect the brakes...

But if you add another reservoir, you may need to "protect" that vacuum with a check valve so it can't be sucked away from the brakes.

I used to design vacuum lines for Jeep for three years... We always put a check valve in to protect the brakes...

The can has a check valve and so does the booster, where else do I need one? Am I lost so early in the day?

The can has a check valve and so does the booster, where else do I need one? Am I lost so early in the day?

Put it before the vacuum reservoir so It can't get sucked backward. Then connect the reservoir to the brake booster so the vacuum can only go to the booster and not get sucked "backward" by the rest of the components and engine when the vacuum drops...

I was going to put the line from the engine onto the cans check valve then run a line to the brakes check valve. Wont that work?

Memi, when are you changing out the rear?

When my son has time to get Victoria to my friends shop down the road, plasma cut holes for super comp fender well headers and do the rear end , he has to complete the house he started framing last Friday, your guess is as good as mine at this point.

When my son has time to get Victoria to my friends shop down the road, plasma cut holes for super comp fender well headers and do the rear end , he has to complete the house he started framing last Friday, your guess is as good as mine at this point.

That header looks badass! I was thinking of you yesterday when I was putting the driveshaft loop on for some reason.

Glad you said something this morning Rayray, I need to send back the carrier bears that I did not use back to NAPA, I brought two sizes home with me to make sure I had the right ones..

See if they have one from a dana 30 and look at it seems beefier, but that might just be oem ones.

I was going to put the line from the engine onto the cans check valve then run a line to the brakes check valve. Wont that work?

Yep, that will work.

The check valve on the can should keep it from getting sucked backwards...

I did climate control, so we always put a check valve for the hvac unit so the doors wouldn't change modes while driving and the vacuum drops.

The laredo had vacuum operated doors and would default to defrost with no vacuum. It was designed to default to defrost for safety reasons. If the vacuum dropped too low, then it would go into defrost mode. If the hvac doors stopped working, then you could at least clear the fog off the windshield.

The limited had electric doors and ATC, so it wasn't necessary for those...

-
Back