Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Yep, that will work.

The check valve on the can should keep it from getting sucked backwards...

I did climate control, so we always put a check valve for the hvac unit so the doors wouldn't change modes while driving and the vacuum drops.

The laredo had vacuum operated doors and would default to defrost with no vacuum. It was designed to default to defrost for safety reasons. If the vacuum dropped too low, then it would go into defrost mode. If the hvac doors stopped working, then you could at least clear the fog off the windshield.

The limited had electric doors and ATC, so it wasn't necessary for those...

Had me worried there for a sec you Crazy Cuda you!

The plastic rivet for the window on the Dart wagon showed up last night. Hopefully we can install it later today when the kid gets off work...

JLR did you get the sending unit figured out?

Did you look closely at the sending unit?

The float arm was straight, where the original ones that I've had always bent them at 90°. #-o

I wonder how that would affect the accuracy... :???:

I believe mid range was the issue kind of like the wiper arm is soft or the windings ore worn, I used to rebuild those things on the c-130 oil level gauges, really delicate stuff and easy to f up.

Just do not toss the tank ring re use it. Pretty easy to do and check, just throw a ground on it and move the arm and see if the gauge follows.

I believe mid range was the issue kind of like the wiper arm is soft or the windings ore worn, I used to rebuild those things on the c-130 oil level gauges, really delicate stuff and easy to f up.

If you want accurate, get a sending unit from Europe.

We worked on a diesel powered Jeeps for Europe and the fuel gauge requirements are more strict there. The gauge needs to drop as the level goes down, not stay on Full for like 100 miles and then start to drop, so they had a special sending unit that was more accurate (and more $$$) than the US versions did... They had to read accurately at the ends of the gauge as well as in the middle...

FYI...

Just do not toss the tank ring re use it. Pretty easy to do and check, just throw a ground on it and move the arm and see if the gauge follows.

Good tip..!
I've heard that the new rings are crap.....
Should be an easy job. ....except for the heat!!!!

The aircraft use a capacitance system which is a bunch of inner and outer tubes (probes) that use the fuel as a dielectric. Really accurate.

If you want accurate, get a sending unit from Europe.

We worked on a diesel powered Jeeps for Europe and the fuel gauge requirements are more strict there. The gauge needs to drop as the level goes down, not stay on Full for like 100 miles and then start to drop, so they had a special sending unit that was more accurate (and more $$$) than the US versions did... They had to read accurately at the ends of the gauge as well as in the middle...

FYI...

Interesting! I've always hated that about sending units!

If he has trouble with his lock ring, I have an extra OEM one from you that I can send him if he needs it...

We got our plastic rivets in the mail from Layson's yesterday...

Now we can get the driver's window of the wagon secured again.... Yoo Hoo...

We got our plastic rivets in the mail from Layson's yesterday...

Now we can get the driver's window of the wagon secured again.... Yoo Hoo...

I like how you put the word WE in that Karl :D I for one am looking forward to see the wagon on the road :cheers:

I like how you put the word WE in that Karl :D I for one am looking forward to see the wagon on the road :cheers:

It is on the road. He has it at work right now...

All of the old guys in the shop are talking to him about it. They all knew that it had a slant...

Due to an insurance screw up, I found out that the Jeep Cherokee insurance was cancelled (even the agent was surprised about how they did it). So I didn't renew it again, just the wagon, to punish them for playing games. So now the kid's driving the wagon as a daily driver now.

I have enough cars insured to drive, I don't need to waste money on ones that we're not driving regularly...

Yes, I do use the word "we" as I'm trying to teach the boys how to fix the cars. I usually wait until they are available to fix them so I can teach them how to do it. They won't learn if I do it myself for them. I work with them, show them how to do it, then let them give it a go as I watch and correct if they make a mistake.

I believe in hands-on. You learn better by doing it than watching someone else do it. Sit back, keep your patience, and let them try it. If they are not doing it correctly, then correct them and show them how to do it properly...

-
Back