Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
AND I think I need a different torque converter. Cannot get to idle in gear much more than 1000 RPM. Engine does not really like that slow, cam is crazy.

Supposed to come with a spring for low vacuum engines. We will see. That X pipe I had installed yesterday actually thru off my tune! Hard to believe but hard to get idle in the right spot. Im thinking the PCV might help me get tune back. Needed one anyway IMO.
that's crazy stuff... maybe a touch more timing is now needed?

Mine has issues after it is hot think the dist goes advanced right away when cranking, the cam I have in it is pretty big (lunati Voodo) and I am worried about breaking a third starter nose off it. I have a Mallory full mechanical and adjustable I want to put in so advance does not even start till around 1200 or so, have to play with it in the car and find a sweet spot.

just guessing - better flowing exhaust causes less back pressure and has an all around effect...??? basically, everything changes
That it does. I struggled to get tune correct when I brought it home from West Virginia. Got it finally, now it seems to want to die in gear, did not, but seems to want to. Idles rough at times.

Really tough to tune without a vacuum gauge. Will tune when I get PCV valve installed.

Mine has issues after it is hot think the dist goes advanced right away when cranking, the cam I have in it is pretty big (lunati Voodo) and I am worried about breaking a third starter nose off it. I have a Mallory full mechanical and adjustable I want to put in so advance does not even start till around 1200 or so, have to play with it in the car and find a sweet spot.
you know more about it than I do but my first guess would be fuel delivery or too "cool" on the plugs

you know more about it than I do but my first guess would be fuel delivery or too "cool" on the plugs
Seems to be initial timing have a cheap one wire in there, if I retard it to 5 atdc it is fine but then bogs on acceleration, took keefer up the block and I am sure he felt it also.

Plugs are pretty good, just have to run the bugs out of it, before the fire it was perfect. Dam touch the gas at 40 and it would kick down and spin the tires, that's what I want back.

Could be the dam gear drive also forgot where it is set, want to go back to a chain anyhow just to dam loud.

-
Back