Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
but - a boat is a toy (unless you're using it to make $$, which you're not) and when buying big toys ya gotta ask yourself - WHY am I doing this? WHAT am I really getting myself into? Are there costs that I am not foreseeing? Where am I going to keep it when I'm not using it? And what is the "end game"? (when you are done with it - then what?) - - I asked myself all these same questions before I committed to buying that trailer from Mitch..

but - a boat is a toy (unless you're using it to make $$, which you're not) and when buying big toys ya gotta ask yourself - WHY am I doing this? WHAT am I really getting myself into? Are there costs that I am not foreseeing? Where am I going to keep it when I'm not using it? And what is the "end game"? (when you are done with it - then what?) - - I asked myself all these same questions before I committed to buying that trailer from Mitch..
I grew up around boats, as a kid, my dad and his wife picked me up for the weekends and we camped on a 32 something footer in a marina with pool and other amenities. Was fun as a kid. Later he bought a house on the water, and a 21 ft Wellcraft cuddy appeared. He made me take the Coast Guard class and cut me loose with it. By time I was 16 I knew every girls name up and down those lagoons.

Bejezzus H, I just realized I bought a boat as a mid-life crisis. I'm not 16. It's just not the same. :wtf: was I thinking.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I grew up around boats, as a kid, my dad and his wife picked me up for the weekends and we camped on a 32 something footer in a marina with pool and other amenities. Was fun as a kid. Later he bought a house on the water, and a 21 ft Wellcraft cuddy appeared. He made me take the Coast Guard class and cut me loose with it. By time I was 16 I knew every girls name up and down those lagoons.

Bejezzus H, I just realized I bought a boat as a mid-life crisis. I'm not 16. It's just not the same. :wtf: was I thinking.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
more money than sense.. I'm sure it seemed like a good idea - - at the time...

yep i know. Thats why i'm looking at used boats. Honestly, there's a couple certified hull onlys around here from dealers, some brand new hulls, for less than a grand. I'm tempted to get a hull and build it the way i want but i know i'd never finish it with the other projects I have. I'm not buying anything till next spring, for this year, we'll just borrow my grandfather's 21 footer. it may be 30 years old, but it'll do for now.

yep i know. Thats why i'm looking at used boats. Honestly, there's a couple certified hull onlys around here from dealers, some brand new hulls, for less than a grand. I'm tempted to get a hull and build it the way i want but i know i'd never finish it with the other projects I have. I'm not buying anything till next spring, for this year, we'll just borrow my grandfather's 21 footer. it may be 30 years old, but it'll do for now.
that's some good thinking right there! hey, how's the back doing?

that's some good thinking right there! hey, how's the back doing?
about the same. i just started the painkillers and steroids prescribed by the doc yesterday, i actually slept for a change, so that helped, problem is they still making me drowsy.

Morning gents, hot one today upper 90s. Getting ready for the street rod nats in Pueblo CO. this weekend.

-
Back