Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Good Morning Again !! I was paying bills. How come there is always more Month left, at the End of the Money ??

Takin care of some things at my Dad's place today. Stayed here last night.
Took my daughter back to college in Jersey yesterday. Then went to see my brother. He's been in a 'care home'. Got there and find out he is in hospital, but they won't tell me where or why. He has Dad as only contact and never updated. I explained that Dad died, but they wont give any info cause of hippa rules... So hopefully he is OK and calls me or I guess I never find him i:wack:
Next, I had planned to see Dusterdaddy (Bob) but he was still at work... So. I decided to go to the beach. I managed to get all the way there fron PA without a toll and it cost me a $1 to park and $8 ' to access the beach'. Hadn't been there for several years, so Just took a little walk by the water with my toes in the sand. Was only there like half an hour then drove here.

The hippa rules are a pain, Marilyn was out of here pain patch and I needed to pick up a prescription for her and I was not on the hippa form so I had to go home and pick her up to get the script and also put me on the form, Feel your pain.

It has been 43 years for me to put my toes in the sand. and I hope someone can get something dun about you getting to get info on your brother, thats crazy if you ask me ! lordy!

Just call the hospitals in the area and ask them to transfer you since you do not know what room he is in.

My wife said you can get temporary power of attorney (she is a HIPPA worker)..

I'm sure I can find a way around it eventually if I must. I did call a few hospitals, but no luck. For now I will wait for him to contact me. I won't be back there anytime soon anyway and have no intention of trying to manage/intervene in any way. Just wanted to visit and have some papers for him. He has a lot of major health 'issues' so I am not surprised. I hope he's OK, but for now I have enough to deal with.

I'm sure I can find a way around it eventually if I must. I did call a few hospitals, but no luck. For now I will wait for him to contact me. I won't be back there anytime soon anyway and have no intention of trying to manage/intervene in any way. Just wanted to visit and have some papers for him. He has a lot of major health 'issues' so I am not surprised. I hope he's OK, but for now I have enough to deal with.

I understand, just thought I would say, I told my wife and she said :glasses7:
Have a good day, I am on my way outside to start my day here. :glasses7:

I need to stop and get a java on my way to my first stop. I didn't make any at home this morning.

Morning peoples! Hump day!

Yes it is.

The first wed of the month is court day here...

I will have to check in and see how they do with the a--hole neighbor...

He's been violating he real estate sign law for over a year. I started my campaign hard against him on May 15th, and they finally got around to giving him a ticket(s). I had to go in and chew out the village manager to get him to act on the ordinance violation.

I don't care how petty it is, it's an ordinance on the books and his job is to enforce it. After the assault they did on me last year, it's payback time. I'm in full compliance now it's time to get back at the @sswipe. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

He keeps trying to bend the rules and sneak things by. He puts up his signs after 5 PM on Fridays and takes them down before they get back in the office on Monday. So I call the police to come document the violations with pictures also to support my case. That way I can't be accused of "setting him up"....

This year I changed tactics. Instead of sitting back and waiting for him to complain first, then throw his violations back at them, I started with "the best defense is a good offense"...

It worked, they haven't come around here to harass me at all this year. Now that they are starting to see the wrath of my persistent temper, they may think next time they want to come around here and stir things up with me. When you shake my bee hive, I sting back....

Now I have them where I want them, they are my "puppets" and better enforce the ordinances or I'll take it to the mayor. I had to do that once already, so they know I don't play around.

I didn't want to do this to them, but they asked for it by getting involved. If they would have just left me alone last year, I wouldn't care, but now it's go-time....

He put up more signs on his same post last week and the village hasn't caught it. That violates the no more than 5 square feet of sign rule. I'm going to show up to the court with a copy of the ordinance and embarrass them by pointing out that he's still in violation and they don't even know the ordinances that they are supposed to enforce... They usually check up on the property violations the day before the court date, so there is no reason that they shouldn't have caught that...

Here's a picture of @sswipe from the other day... He lives in a $400,00 house and is too cheap to buy a self propelled mower...

View attachment Joe B03 B.jpg

Yes it is.

The first wed of the month is court day here...

I will have to check in and see how they do with the a--hole neighbor...

He's been violating he real estate sign law for over a year. I started my campaign hard against him on May 15th, and they finally got around to giving him a ticket(s). I had to go in and chew out the village manager to get him to act on the ordinance violation.

I don't care how petty it is, it's an ordinance on the books and his job is to enforce it. After the assault they did on me last year, it's payback time. I'm in full compliance now it's time to get back at the @sswipe. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

He keeps trying to bend the rules and sneak things by. He puts up his signs after 5 PM on Fridays and takes them down before they get back in the office on Monday. So I call the police to come document the violations with pictures also to support my case. That way I can't be accused of "setting him up"....

This year I changed tactics. Instead of sitting back and waiting for him to complain first, then throw his violations back at them, I started with "the best defense is a good offense"...

It worked, they haven't come around here to harass me at all this year. Now that they are starting to see the wrath of my persistent temper, they may think next time they want to come around here and stir things up with me. When you shake my bee hive, I sting back....

Now I have them where I want them, they are my "puppets" and better enforce the ordinances or I'll take it to the mayor. I had to do that once already, so they know I don't play around.

I didn't want to do this to them, but they asked for it by getting involved. If they would have just left me alone last year, I wouldn't care, but now it's go-time....

He put up more signs on his same post last week and the village hasn't caught it. That violates the no more than 5 square feet of sign rule. I'm going to show up to the court with a copy of the ordinance and embarrass them by pointing out that he's still in violation and they don't even know the ordinances that they are supposed to enforce... They usually check up on the property violations the day before the court date, so there is no reason that they shouldn't have caught that...

Here's a picture of @sswipe from the other day... He lives in a $400,00 house and is too cheap to buy a self propelled mower...

View attachment 1714840478

WOW! In addition to all the crap going on, you have to see that sexy beast all shirtless and whatnot. That's got to violate an ordinance or two!!

I get why they have the rules, but you would think common sense.... Nevermind. LOL

I read about your day yesterday, paying to access the beach seems unjust, especially when you go there just to take a stroll and relax your mind.

My day was strange, thankfully no family dealings like you had. You have my sympathy.

There are only two roads connecting this big, low-lying "island" to the main north/south route. The one they call Main Rd. was closed Monday night near the highway due to water on the road from full moon high tide and rain.

Yesterday I drove the rental car to the shop to see if maybe my Toyota would be ready anytime soon. So I could return the caruu to Enterprise and make it to work on time. Mr. Davis said he wanted to keep it and make sure there weren't any leaks or issues. So, I headed back home.

Driving to work, the tire pressure monitor thingee shows I'm losing air pretty fast in one tire. So I fill it up at the only gas station out here, and continue. I'd picked up a tack on my little joyride. Then at the security gate, I need a temporary pass, since I don't have a decal on the rental car, and they make me go to the town hall for one. Finally I get to work, the tire is slowly losing air...I go in and hunt down my boss and ask if I can be off, we are super slow and he says yes. So then I run back out to the car, and head back for more air, and make it home, where I can change the tire comfortably.

Then, I find out Main Rd. was shut down during the afternoon, and again last night, and when it's open, it's only open one lane down the middle to get off the island, and now they are saying it may be like this "indefinately." Getting onto the island you have to use the other route, adding an hour, at least. Luckily I live out here, and don't travel back and forth, but I still have to return this rental car.

The thing is, County, State, Federal, and also the Railroad are all passing the buck about paying to solve the drainage problem. If we had a hurricane, many could die, being stuck in their homes or on the road!

So today I've got to find a coworker who comes the other way, have Enterprise drop me off at their house and have them take me to my car. But I'm lucky. Some people in parts of Charleston are flooded out of their homes.

Crazy huh? Dang my coffee's gotten cold!

I read about your day yesterday, paying to access the beach seems unjust, especially when you go there just to take a stroll and relax your mind.

My day was strange, thankfully no family dealings like you had. You have my sympathy.

There are only two roads connecting this big, low-lying "island" to the main north/south route. The one they call Main Rd. was closed Monday night near the highway due to water on the road from full moon high tide and rain.

Yesterday I drove the rental car to the shop to see if maybe my Toyota would be ready anytime soon. So I could return the caruu to Enterprise and make it to work on time. Mr. Davis said he wanted to keep it and make sure there weren't any leaks or issues. So, I headed back home.

Driving to work, the tire pressure monitor thingee shows I'm losing air pretty fast in one tire. So I fill it up at the only gas station out here, and continue. I'd picked up a tack on my little joyride. Then at the security gate, I need a temporary pass, since I don't have a decal on the rental car, and they make me go to the town hall for one. Finally I get to work, the tire is slowly losing air...I go in and hunt down my boss and ask if I can be off, we are super slow and he says yes. So then I run back out to the car, and head back for more air, and make it home, where I can change the tire comfortably.

Then, I find out Main Rd. was shut down during the afternoon, and again last night, and when it's open, it's only open one lane down the middle to get off the island, and now they are saying it may be like this "indefinately." Getting onto the island you have to use the other route, adding an hour, at least. Luckily I live out here, and don't travel back and forth, but I still have to return this rental car.

The thing is, County, State, Federal, and also the Railroad are all passing the buck about paying to solve the drainage problem. If we had a hurricane, many could die, being stuck in their homes or on the road!

So today I've got to find a coworker who comes the other way, have Enterprise drop me off at their house and have them take me to my car. But I'm lucky. Some people in parts of Charleston are flooded out of their homes.

Crazy huh? Dang my coffee's gotten cold!

Wow David. That sounds like Ron White's skit about the "rickety bridge" in Florida to see "Margaritaville" where he got pulled over for violating a 5 mph speed limit....

-
Back