Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Good morning...another rainy day here, remnants of the tropical depression. Love all these wagons. I got my Mopar scar from a wagon, leaving my piano lesson a dog ran out in front of my Dad's second-hand '64 wagon, I was in the "way-back" and hit my face on the edge of the seat back. Dads back then always carried handkerchiefs and luckily the ER was just a few blocks away. A great memory I have is Dad wise-cracking, "if the doctor takes much longer, we won't need him, you'll be all healed up." I didn't know at the time he was squeamish about seeing blood and he hated hospitals. He didn't keep the wagon for long, I wish I knew why. It was already gathering rust at the base of the c-pillar, he said they all rust thru right there. Though now I never see any rust in that spot on wagons. Anyway I guess I became a die-hard Mopar guy that day in 1968.

Last edited:
I'm having to do a few "custom" brake lines on the Duster. I have found a new appreciation for the guys that do them multiple nitrous kits and such. It's definitely an art form! I've never done it before, quite the learning curve for this guy.

I'm having to do a few "custom" brake lines on the Duster. I have found a new appreciation for the guys that do them multiple nitrous kits and such. It's definitely an art form! I've never done it before, quite the learning curve for this guy.
bending tubes you mean?

Yes and the double flare. So far i've figured out with the far its all in the prep. I borrowed a flare tool, I would love to blame this cheap piece of crap for my issues, but I know its my lack of experience.
don't beat yourself up. a shitty flare tool does more harm than good. I broke down and bought a good one, night and day difference. even on stainless lines..

yes, the tool makes a difference. Think mine is a Matco unit. When I do flare I snug it up, back it up, and re snug again.

I tracked down a Matco truck yesterday and all he had was an Eastwood unit that was bad *** but I couldn't justify that kinda $$. Well not yet anyway..:lol:
The Imperial Eastman kits are the best. Sold them for decades.

make sure you get the correct flaring tool for the type of tubing you are using, stainless steel and regular steel require different flaring degrees

Managed to get ALL those drawings done for work, 4 hours earlier than the deadline no one thought was possible. With no mistakes thus far.....

nope, im just that good.
pat-on-back.png

Managed to get ALL those drawings done for work, 4 hours earlier than the deadline no one thought was possible. With no mistakes thus far.....
next time they'll crank the deadline down 4.5 hours:poke::lol: Now that they know you can do it and then it'll be your fault. lol

-
Back