Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
yeah it is, fix the interior up some, drop a bigger engine in it = sleeper

I have a 66 Valiant wagon with fresh paint and suspension that just needs the new brake lines and master installed, drop in an engine then do interior as I can...

I have a 318 almost ready to go, just have to figure out how to fit the intake...

I have a 66 Valiant wagon with fresh paint and suspension that just needs the new brake lines and master installed, drop in an engine then do interior as I can...

I have a 318 almost ready to go, just have to figure out how to fit the intake...
what intake?

why does the intake not fit?

Yes and the double flare. So far i've figured out with the far its all in the prep. I borrowed a flare tool, I would love to blame this cheap piece of crap for my issues, but I know its my lack of experience.

The biggest trick to double flare is to clamp it tight.... If it walks in the dies, you're screwed...

The second most important thing is the spacing from the end when you double flare...

Many cheapo double flare kits don't clamp as well and you have problems with them - go with the professional tools on this one - Snap-on, Mac, Matco, Cornwell...

With a little practice, you'll get the 'flare' for it...

why does the intake not fit?

I dunno...

I'm using 920 heads with closed chambers to get the compression in the mid 8's....

For some reason the intake bolt holes are slightly higher than the head bolt holes and they galled the threads of the bolts real bad... I think the heads may be a little of the factor, but I can't change them, I can change the intake...

Picked up a chip in the Fury's windshield on Wed:mad:Went straight to NAPA to get a repair kit, they had no idea what I was talking about :wtf: so I ordered one online by Permatex and this is the last time I'll bother trying to support that local business. Meanwhile I put a piece of tape over the spot to keep out dirt and moisture. Have any of you guys used one of those DIY products and had decent results? The damage is a M&M-sized chip with about a 1/3 inch crack and luckily it is near the base of the windshield so it isn't right in my sightline.

Picked up a chip in the Fury's windshield on Wed:mad:Went straight to NAPA to get a repair kit, they had no idea what I was talking about :wtf: so I ordered one online by Permatex and this is the last time I'll bother trying to support that local business. Meanwhile I put a piece of tape over the spot to keep out dirt and moisture. Have any of you guys used one of those DIY products and had decent results? The damage is a M&M-sized chip with about a 1/3 inch crack and luckily it is near the base of the windshield so it isn't right in my sightline.
Nope

Get it done professionally. Here was my experience....It did not work with the do it yourself kit. Perhaps I did not do it right and maybe there was dirt. BUT when I went to finally get it fixed my Comprehensive would have covered it all but my $100 deductible but because I messed with it....they said it was a pre-existing chip and would not cover it at all. But then my luck with insurance usually sucks!

Give it a try but it sounds prettu big to fix with a home kit. The pros use a uv light to cure the adhesive.

Ok I am waiting for a call back from the nearest Safelite Autoglass, maybe I can go there in the morning. I don't know how much they charge yet but I would hate to take a chance doing it myself and end up having the crack get worse and then deal with replacing the windshield.

good luck. I'm out, may or may not be on much this weekend, may go camping

Can't hurt to check with your insurance they may have a windshield clause in their policy. And my agent has an in with Safelite and got me a good deal. But then it was a Subaru that time.

I never tried DIY for that. Had one repaired and ins covered it. (They would rather do that than buy new glass) I'd at least call and ask the cost before you do anything. Once you try it, I doubt they can do it right.

Cool...I actually have comprehensive, but not collision, so my agent says I am not covered. That's okay I don't mind paying to have the job done right.

-
Back