Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Barely a scratch, middle-aged lady has it since '09, had ankle surgery and upgraded to a Mercedes convertible. Her husband has maintained it. He replaced the top himself. I'd need to treat it with a fabric guard because it will stain easily. No rust. Icy a/c.

Barely a scratch, middle-aged lady has it since '09, had ankle surgery and upgraded to a Mercedes convertible. Her husband has maintained it. He replaced the top himself. I'd need to treat it with a fabric guard because it will stain easily. No rust. Icy a/c.
MR2s are good cars. Fun to drive!

MR2s are good cars. Fun to drive!

I think the Man upstairs is helping me extra today. I decided to stop at the Habitat thrift store today. I noticed the MR2 because it's the same color as the one my good Atlanta friend's wife had, but their kid totaled it. She had him looking for one but then she decided she wanted a bigger car for grandchildren (un-conceived lol.) So I walk around the car and bam there is a For Sale sign on it. I texted my buddy and he glances at the pics I guess because he didn't reply and I said "well?" and he asked "is it for sale?" and I said YESSS didn't you see the pics? He doesn't want it so I can go get it if I want to. I'd be cash poor for a little while.

Not supercharged but it will feel powerful compared to my '95 Tercel 5-speed which I still consider fun to drive. I am not a very big guy at all, I sat in it and it felt good.

Not supercharged but it will feel powerful compared to my '95 Tercel 5-speed which I still consider fun to drive. I am not a very big guy at all, I sat in it and it felt good.
Congrats on the new car. I'm out for a bit, cya later

ECC44A30-8C49-4CE6-9420-864CEB3343E1.jpeg
Spent better part of the day pulling parts out of the Bareacuda.some stuff is pretty rough. My shelves took all the pieces with room to spare. Feeling ok with the days progress.

Just busy here and on FBBO. What's with the sellers? "I have a Hemi car for sale but I don't know how to post photos." How could any prospective buyer take you serious if you didn't? Rant over, thanks for listening.

hahahaha, I totally hear ya Mike!

I've sadly been out furnace shopping. Just had a tech out to tune ours and do the winter service on it.. We got bad news... Its done.. Come on... 23 years old and its crapped out?? LOL The plus side I get to use my discounts and connections to purchase new.. So needless to say we are buying a new furnace and A/C.. Part of my weekend job, tear out my furnace. I guess better now than in January.

hahahaha, I totally hear ya Mike!

I've sadly been out furnace shopping. Just had a tech out to tune ours and do the winter service on it.. We got bad news... Its done.. Come on... 23 years old and its crapped out?? LOL The plus side I get to use my discounts and connections to purchase new.. So needless to say we are buying a new furnace and A/C.. Part of my weekend job, tear out my furnace. I guess better now than in January.
What's your favorite brand?

I'm going with Goodman. With work discounts and just from doing business with this company thru work they saved me $200 more. I would of had the furnace in the basement tonight, but the one they had in the warehouse had been beat to hell so I have to wait until Monday to get it. Man is it small compared to my old furnace.

Well, the new hot water heater is fully installed and operational. They did a fine job and didn't leave a speck of evidence that they did all that work...except for the new system sitting in place of the old one.

I went and drove that car around quite a bit. You wouldn't find one in any better shape. It was fun to drive and ran smooth. Needs a taller top gear. Being able to put the top down is cool too but somehow the car didn't do that much for me. I always like to sleep on decisions like this so, we'll see tomorrow.

I went and drove that car around quite a bit. You wouldn't find one in any better shape. It was fun to drive and ran smooth. Needs a taller top gear. Being able to put the top down is cool too but somehow the car didn't do that much for me. I always like to sleep on decisions like this so, we'll see tomorrow.
Well, I guess it really all depends what you want out of the car I suppose. Only you can decide that.

But on the plus side, even if you buy it and decide to sell it later you know it's in great condition so you will likely not lose anything on the deal. There are a lot of people who want those cars.

I'm going with Goodman. With work discounts and just from doing business with this company thru work they saved me $200 more. I would of had the furnace in the basement tonight, but the one they had in the warehouse had been beat to hell so I have to wait until Monday to get it. Man is it small compared to my old furnace.
You will probably be happy with the reduced energy bills too. We replaced our furnace/AC system this Spring and even though the old one was only 10 years old the savings have been significant.

You will probably be happy with the reduced energy bills too. We replaced our furnace/AC system this Spring and even though the old one was only 10 years old the savings have been significant.
I am kinda looking forward to that as well. Im going thru paperwork to find out what SEER rating the old A/C was and trying to determine which current rating to go with.

When we replaced our water heater two years ago as I mentioned above, we went with a unit of the exact same size, same brand(the other was over 30 years old!), our monthly electric bill no joke dropped from 237 to 164 monthly average. Course we also switched out to new washer and dryer that were High Efficient as well bout the same time. Spent our tax refund that year on those.

Having someone BRING me a cup of coffee to sip while I was slowly waking up was nice. My question is do your wives/significant others ever do that for you?
She never brought me coffee, but tonight she did just as good...

She brought me a pizza! :D

IMG_0108.JPG

-
Back