Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I will look in the FSM I was just pricing them and it is not cheap 50-95, tikey truck cheap!

Hello, people of the Land of the Free! And everyone else too, of course.

I saw you talking about insurance earlier. I haven't looked at what I'll be paying for mine but I think it is probably very cheap. Over 30 years old it's an antique and exempt from pretty much everything.

Kind strange day for me. Taking care of brother Mark's stuff. Going to Jersey to pick up his remains and some of his stuff. Then bury him tomorrow. No 'service', just sis and I going to cemetery.

Condolences again Keith. My brother took his own life in 06 at age fourty eight

What do you need to have insurance wise over yonder? Here it is liability basically.

Seems the veteran cars are fixed price depending on value. For a car in my price range ($10-20 k) I would pay $150 per year. I can't use it as a daily driver or second car, drive it more than 6,300 miles/year and it has to be kept in a garage during the night and be equipped with a fire extinguisher. And race track incidents aren't covered.

If I decide it's worth up to $40k, I'd pay $200 per year.

What do you need to have insurance wise over yonder? Here it is liability basically.

Liability is required by law, anything more is optional. The insurance I was quoting is full coverage, that is all three categories we have. I suppose they are the same over there.

1. Liability (damages I cause to someone else)
2. Theft, Fire, Vandalism, Glass
3. Damages to my own car that I cause myself.

I don't know the terminology here.

Anders did you run the motor?

I was this close but the yoke didn't fit. I have a lead on a 727 yoke.

I'm curious, if there is oil pressure behind the yoke, it will just shoot out unless the drive shaft is connected, right? So any transmission fluid leaking out would have to be pretty limited?

I am not sure if it is pressurized or not. You might get away with a bag taped on the tailshaft just not sure. Any one know?

I can get some wear parts for cheap over here, like fan belts, brake pads and things. Actual car parts are really expensive. A throttle linkage stud I looked at was $24 at Summit and I thought it was too expensive. Over here it is $60 ...

The shipping is a drag, of course, but the more you buy the less that matters. Heavy or large parts like frame connectors or heads are tough. And there's customs, of course, but still, buying from the States beats buying here. New, that is. There are used parts over here, too.

Morning everyone!

Missed out on the $600 440/727 I was talking about earlier :/
Guess I'm forced to deal with floor pan rust before I even think about a powerplant.. lol

DNA has a 383 laying around.

I thought about a 383, but I don't plan on building the engine too much so I'd rather just start with a higher ci.

Who do you mean by DNA? DartinAbout?

I'm looking for one that could probably just run as is and be alright, not looking for one that needs machined, I just need it for cruising (and some aggressive-ish driving). If I could find one under 50k miles from a Van, I'd be set.

Sorry I'm picky :/

No, I was being a little bit sarcastic. :) They are all steel but they can be cast or forged. The guy advertised it as having a "STEEL" crank. I think a cast iron crank would have a very short life in a 440. :D

-
Back