Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Kind strange day for me. Taking care of brother Mark's stuff. Going to Jersey to pick up his remains and some of his stuff. Then bury him tomorrow. No 'service', just sis and I going to cemetery.

It shows character the effort you put into carrying out your brother's wishes. I hope the sad fact of saying goodbye brings you and your sister closer. A "service" is not necessarily the way.

Good day all!

Condolences Keith.

Insurance on cars not financed by a bank, is NOT required in South Africa. Getting classics insured here is a major schlep....valuations, usage restrictions etc. usually more p/m than on a modern car! I have "third party" insurance on mine only.

Ters.

Mornin' Ters!

Is theft of enthusiast vehicles a big problem in SA? That could explain why it's a big hassle to insure them.

BMX Bikes got'em, why can't we??

I'm thinking it really ought to be possible. Probably just really, really expensive. Could be a problem for really, really high hp engines, of course, like top fuel dragsters and such.

Carbon fiber crank and rods with metal inserts in bearings surfaces and possibly balancing weights baked in. Ought to be A LOT lighter.

I think I'll throw the question at my friends in the stress analysis business ...

Morning all. Poured rain last night. Smurfs pulled out and went to higher ground. Waiting for the sun to come up to access the flood damage.

Not too much. Probably some stuff on the GTS . Yesterday, I blasted the Exhaust manifolds and Powder Coated them with some 1000 deg product. First time I've used the Hi Temp stuff. Hope it hols up. Looks good though.

Attachments

• WIN_20151119_134624.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 98
  • WIN_20151119_134751.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 107
  • WIN_20151119_144548.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 87
  • WIN_20151119_162822.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 101
  • WIN_20151119_174624.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 95

Attachments

• WIN_20151119_134647.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 93
  • WIN_20151119_134653.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 102
  • WIN_20151119_152248.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 106
They look good. Is that an Eastwood system you did them with.

Yeah, it is. I bought it a few yeas ago when I restored the Road Runner. Did a bunch of stuff on that car with powder coat. Anxious to see how this holds up under the temps

I think I have a few colors left from years back. If you can use them I will dig them up. Free stuff is always good.

Never did any high temp. Intake is about as far as I went. Still holding up after 10 years.

The only colors I ever used was Black, Grey, Clear. For resto of car parts

Morning all. Manifolds look great Mitch. Not looking forward to snow today. The first of the season and I'm not ready. I need to move some furniture out of my storage garage to make room for the lawn chairs and the glider off the patio. Then I need to put the lawn mower away and get the snowblower out and get it running. Snow is supposed to start mid afternoon with accumulations of 6-10". Yuck! You guys out east of here might get some too.

Thinking of a snowblower myself for this year. Putting the plow blade on and off the JD is a PIA

Don't you still powder coat?
Not recently. I sold the blast cabinet to Oklahoma car collector a while back. Then he kind of vanished from here. I think the smurfs got him, judging by one of his last posts. Very sad.

Then I sold the oven . So I think I'm done. There's a guy over in Camden and one just north of philly that do big stuff . Both are business friends so I can get things done there.

One of them let me come in after hours on a Saturday and do all the front end Riley parts for my cuda.

Gooood Morning! Here I am and here I go. Til I read and get caught up it is time to go to work.

Morning all. Manifolds look great Mitch. Not looking forward to snow today. The first of the season and I'm not ready. I need to move some furniture out of my storage garage to make room for the lawn chairs and the glider off the patio. Then I need to put the lawn mower away and get the snowblower out and get it running. Snow is supposed to start mid afternoon with accumulations of 6-10". Yuck! You guys out east of here might get some too.

Morning. the snows all yours,

-
Back