Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Just got off the phone with Carlisle Garrison Barracks. They are not taking reservations for rooms unless you on orders and have an order number.

Then they are out of rooms. They always shut it of when they are down to 5, Did you ask if you could get ZMans as a transfer? Have fun, best bet is just call around. You and Tim going to split one if you find one?

Good morning, pleasant day to go for a drive around Sarasota, meeting my little brother (40) for dinner. Yesterday driving down, the Fury wanted to go faster than I did.

IMG_1227.JPG

IMG_1232.JPG

IMG_1234.JPG

IMG_1238.JPG

IMG_1241.JPG

IMG_1242.JPG

Then they are out of rooms. They always shut it of when they are down to 5, Did you ask if you could get ZMans as a transfer? Have fun, best bet is just call around. You and Tim going to split one if you find one?
I asked about transferring, I can't. the officer rooms are different than enlisted rooms and can only be transferred between officers within 1 paygrade up or down.

I just reserved a room at motel 6, about 15 miles from the fairgrounds for 60 bucks.

as for splitting, don't know, hadnt talked to him about it lol. I reserved one with 2 beds just incase I bring either the family along or someone else lol

So the chevy i sold yesterday, guy’s buddy loved the truck,and
Guy’s wife immediately took ownership of it.
It was a 5 hour drive back home.

Chris try fort indian town Gap on 81 also so a straight shot to Carlisle.
Temporary Lodging
Guy i was on the phone with checked there already, same case. He said some big events at weekend have them limited to just taking official travel order reservations only. But I got a room thru my rewards program for 60 bucks so it's all good. Gonna drive over early Friday, visit as much as I can, stay friday night, revisit saturday morning, leave sometime after lunch and drive back home saturday night

I added pics^^^^. Looked thru albums for our '66 Valiant, not many pics considering Mom had it for 30 yrs. she and my sister were laughing at the condition of the ferry and the captain.

Good morning, pleasant day to go for a drive around Sarasota, meeting my little brother (40) for dinner. Yesterday driving down, the Fury wanted to go faster than I did.

View attachment 1715139066

View attachment 1715139067

View attachment 1715139068

View attachment 1715139069

View attachment 1715139070

View attachment 1715139071
I had a 70 sport fury. Was a good car. Guy i sold it to, gave me money down, thinking i could trust him and he disappeared with car.

I had a 70 sport fury. Was a good car. Guy i sold it to, gave me money down, thinking i could trust him and he disappeared with car.

The Fuselage c-bodies are cool and unique, some odd engineering they have compared to before, harder to work on. I really loved that '67, it was solid, like it was made of girders....

Ifs 60 degrees which is considered cool here! My Mom's place, they moved here in '93. She likes being across from the maintenance building, having some activity around the place.

IMG_1243.JPG

Speaking of Carlisle the wife is actually ready to go there right now for a Commissary run, later!

Speaking of Carlisle the wife is actually ready to go there right now for a Commissary run, later!
Duke if Hoppy is this close stay at his house. His better half would love to have his friends for a few days, cooking and keeping the beer cold. Sounds good!!

View attachment 1715139066

View attachment 1715139067

View attachment 1715139068

View attachment 1715139069

View attachment 1715139070

View attachment 1715139071
Wow !! So that was the car (66 Valiant) you drove around in back in the day :thankyou: Fury looks great, and I agree, they do want to keep going faster as we hit the hwy's , had one myself back in 87 .. thanks for the pictures and update :thumbsup:

Morning guys. -4° here but no wind. We got a little snow yesterday so I will be out shoveling today. Bundle up!

So if I had to limit my focus at Carlisle, I'm guessing the swap meet definitely should be walked thru, but what else?

Ok, @toolmanmike and all the coffee crew, here is my son in France/Germany on his 5 week tour over seas, I am sure missing him today, only two more weeks to go !!

27657457_10210530652239484_6077679203572477536_n.jpg

So if I had to limit my focus at Carlisle, I'm guessing the swap meet definitely should be walked thru, but what else?
I talked to Rocky JS about that. He has a vendor swap spot every year. He was telling me to buy the vendor ticket gets you in a day earlier when they are setting up, and two tickets a day to the show. Probably park inside the wire too??

Thank you men, I am ready for them to be back all ready :(:(:( :thankyou:

I talked to Rocky JS about that. He has a vendor swap spot every year. He was telling me to buy the vendor ticket gets you in a day earlier when they are setting up, and two tickets a day to the show. Probably park inside the wire too??
Nice! I cant take that week off or I would. we have our semi-annual corporate meeting that Thursday afternoon, usually lasts about 2-3 hours, so I'll be leaving early Friday morning, arriving at Carlisle around midday. Then stay till 2ish on Saturday. I'm not worried much about parking. Ive got a buddy with a vendor spot too so I'll be storing stuff if I buy anything there

-
Back