Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
@Mopar Tim I did check ,boxes did come in. Didnt have time to open them up this morning but they are here

@Mopar Tim I did check ,boxes did come in. Didnt have time to open them up this morning but they are here
:thumbsup: Some of the drills need to be cleaned, the triggers, and battery connections. BUT they all worked when I quit using them. all the batt. I gave you are good. Hold trigger down while installing the battery, you will see what I mean....about the battery connections..

So I need suggestions: I have a 12 ft wide, 16 foot long, 11 foot tall storage shed. Sits on 4, 4x6 treated runners, with 2x6 purlings with 1/2in OSB for the floors. Metal sided, shingled roof. I need to move it about 3 miles to my property. It's too wide for any trailer I have access too, too heavy to set on a wagon with the tractor, how do i move it? Ive thought about jacking it up, putting two ash trees under it and dragging it along the road all the way there. Problem is, the road is curvy and hilly. and while not the busiest road, it does have traffic, a couple cars or so every few minutes. by tractor, its about a 10-15 minute drive. Other option is, since I built it in stages, the walls and roof and then the floor, it could be taken apart and transported that way. this step would be the most difficult and time consuming but ultimately the safest.

:thumbsup: Some of the drills need to be cleaned, the triggers, and battery connections. BUT they all worked when I quit using them. all the batt. I gave you are good. Hold trigger down while installing the battery, you will see what I mean....about the battery connections..
yeah, im gonna take them along with me this weekend, give me something to do saturday night.

So I need suggestions: I have a 12 ft wide, 16 foot long, 11 foot tall storage shed. Sits on 4, 4x6 treated runners, with 2x6 purlings with 1/2in OSB for the floors. Metal sided, shingled roof. I need to move it about 3 miles to my property. It's too wide for any trailer I have access too, too heavy to set on a wagon with the tractor, how do i move it? Ive thought about jacking it up, putting two ash trees under it and dragging it along the road all the way there. Problem is, the road is curvy and hilly. and while not the busiest road, it does have traffic, a couple cars or so every few minutes. by tractor, its about a 10-15 minute drive. Other option is, since I built it in stages, the walls and roof and then the floor, it could be taken apart and transported that way. this step would be the most difficult and time consuming but ultimately the safest.
Disassemble it and move it in pieces...re-assemble on site.

Disassemble it and move it in pieces...re-assemble on site.
That's probably gonna be the route I go. I'll probably go ahead and replaced the floor and walk in door as well. We put a used door on it to cut cost and the seals went bad, it leaked and rotted the floor under the door. Guess it gives me a good excuse to do it lol

I have a shed. Was marked for demolition.
I offered to remove it.
My car hauler backed right inside with doors removed. Jacked it up and screwed 4 2x8’s on edge across deck and into wall studs.
Piece of cake!!
10x20 shed. Had no floor.
Needed another car behind to assist with the left turns.

Moved a tarp shed the same way, the first one was way easier.

Call a local towing company. They can pull it onto the bed of their rollback and drive away. Back up to where you want it, tilt the bed till it makes ground contact and drive away. They probably won't charge much more than a regular tow.

Call a local towing company. They can pull it onto the bed of their rollback and drive away. Back up to where you want it, tilt the bed till it makes ground contact and drive away. They probably won't charge much more than a regular tow.
Unloading

You might get by with ten feet on a roll back, BUT you are asking for it with 12 feet.

Agreed. Just about the time you move it at night someone comes along and your shed shears the roof off their car. I didn't pay attention to the dimensions in the first post. A permit would be the right thing but then there's pilot cars, moving power lines etc. Disassembly is looking like a better option.

Agreed. Just about the time you move it at night someone comes along and your shed shears the roof off their car. I didn't pay attention to the dimensions in the first post. A permit would be the right thing but then there's pilot cars, moving power lines etc. Disassembly is looking like a better option.
And your "free" shed cost you a lot of money.

Unloading

It's too tall for a roll back. I have 16 feet under the power lines . The 4 feet of a roll back puts it right at 16 feet. Too close for that. Plus it's too wide. I think tim is right, take it apart in stages. Probably be able to take it apart and move it in one day

It's too tall for a roll back. I have 16 feet under the power lines . The 4 feet of a roll back puts it right at 16 feet. Too close for that. Plus it's too wide. I think tim is right, take it apart in stages. Probably be able to take it apart and move it in one day
With some 2x4's you could probably make it so you could bolt it back together. Would require some thought but it could be done...IMO, without seeing the shed....

We contacted one of the shed places to move our 12x24 shed out here to the house. They put us in contact with the guy that does all theirs. He charged us $250 to move it about 15 miles. Painless process, all I did was watch. Badass trailer he had that had drop down wheels underneath that could position the shed sideways and what-not. Permits were on him.

-
Back