Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Cut it apart, and at the cuts, screw on 2x4 studs so they can be bolted back together, or screwed back....

Papa taxi is back dropped off Granddaughter, and ran the boss's errands before today's snow.

While I sit and wonder I'm going to change my little printed car show sign I use for the Barracuda. It's short, gives details, and answers a lot of "Is that how it came" questions.

Now for the group....I have a 67 with a 383 4bbl. I've read and some say it was 280HP@4200rpm and some say 325HP @4800 rpm. My little sign references the 325, think it's cooler than 280.

I just want to be right any opinions??

Papa taxi is back dropped off Granddaughter, and ran the boss's errands before today's snow.

While I sit and wonder I'm going to change my little printed car show sign I use for the Barracuda. It's short, gives details, and answers a lot of "Is that how it came" questions.

Now for the group....I have a 67 with a 383 4bbl. I've read and some say it was 280HP@4200rpm and some say 325HP @4800 rpm. My little sign references the 325, think it's cooler than 280.

So according to allpar, for your year, you should actually be at 325. That was the lowest rating for an 4 barrel B series engine prior to the 1971 model year

1967* -
Fuel
cid Cyls Carb Exh. C/R Gross HP Gr Torque
Reg
225 6 1v 1 8.4: 1 145 215
Reg
318 8 2v 1 9.2:1 230 340
Reg
383 8 2v 1 9.2:1 270 390
Prem
383 8 4v 2 10.0:1 325

I like that. I guess its what book or magazine article someone wrote back then. I have the book of Barracuda information and they show it both ways 280 and 325. I'll probably just leave it the way it is...somebody will whine, but it's really just an their opinion with the information I have.

I like that. I guess its what book or magazine article someone wrote back then. I have the book of Barracuda information and they show it both ways 280 and 325. I'll probably just leave it the way it is...somebody will whine, but it's really just an their opinion with the information I have.
there was only 2 383 options for 1967. a 280 hp 2 barrel carb version or a 4 barrel 325 hp version. so if you have a 4 barrel 383 optioned car, the rating of 325 is correct.

Wish we would just have a snowstorm already. Got another round of snow changing to rain tomorrow. So tired of these storms that end in a mess of slush and ice :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

Nice! I cant take that week off or I would. we have our semi-annual corporate meeting that Thursday afternoon, usually lasts about 2-3 hours, so I'll be leaving early Friday morning, arriving at Carlisle around midday. Then stay till 2ish on Saturday. I'm not worried much about parking. Ive got a buddy with a vendor spot too so I'll be storing stuff if I buy anything there
Nice you can with us also if needed, just remember you cannot drive in there without a vendor sticker and between the hours of 0700-1900

there was only 2 383 options for 1967. a 280 hp 2 barrel carb version or a 4 barrel 325 hp version. so if you have a 4 barrel 383 optioned car, the rating of 325 is correct.
Close there were four, each version came with or without CAP different carb/distributors.

I get 270hp, that in the fsm? Just curious be the first time found a mistake with the cards.

Sorry was looking at your build thread, you've brought that car a long ways. I was a little lost, the machine shop lost parts, and then several months later gives you back a rusty block. Did they make it right??
I agree, I've even seen printed for that year a 383 with a 2bbl. Who would of done that??

Sorry was looking at your build thread, you've brought that car a long ways. I was a little lost, the machine shop lost parts, and then several months later gives you back a rusty block. Did they make it right??
I agree, I've even seen printed for that year a 383 with a 2bbl. Who would of done that??

To the bolded, the shop lost the first set of rods and pistons I'd taken down to use with the block. They were LY rods and factory style new .030 over pistons that had come with the engine when i bought it. My grandfather tagged along that day so i have a witness plus a cellphone pic of everything sitting in shop. I went back to take them a new crank a few weeks later, the old one was junk and egged shape, plus it was a cast crank, new one is forged. Anyway, they'd lost the pistons by then. So after searching his entire shop, warehouse and office, he did pay me 300 bucks to replace the rods and pistons. Hardly enough to cover both but I had a set of newly reconditioned rods I'd bought from a buddy, so I just had to replace the pistons. so I ordered the new pistons and upgraded to forged 10:1 pistons. Fast forward about 18 months, go to pick up my block, had to take the kids with me, plus it was raining, block was wrapped in plastic, didn't think to inspect it, I paid(more than I was quoted by a bunch) and left. Got home, unwrapped it, seen what I received and called the guy. He refused to fix or make it right. Said I owed him 300 for the pistons as he claims I never brought them and said i made the whole thing up... granted I had the receipt of what was dropped off as well as the photos and a witness. He literally told me to "F--k off" right there on the phone and hung up on me.

I have no Idea what is going on at the War College today, could not get in for a bit all traffic stopped, looked like they were doing 100% car searches for a while on everything, then it just opened up as usual? A drill? NFI! Nice thing the commissary was just about empty made a fast trip of it.

Wow I'd tell anyone who asks its sad there are pe
To the bolded, the shop lost the first set of rods and pistons I'd taken down to use with the block. They were LY rods and factory style new .030 over pistons that had come with the engine when i bought it. My grandfather tagged along that day so i have a witness plus a cellphone pic of everything sitting in shop. I went back to take them a new crank a few weeks later, the old one was junk and egged shape, plus it was a cast crank, new one is forged. Anyway, they'd lost the pistons by then. So after searching his entire shop, warehouse and office, he did pay me 300 bucks to replace the rods and pistons. Hardly enough to cover both but I had a set of newly reconditioned rods I'd bought from a buddy, so I just had to replace the pistons. so I ordered the new pistons and upgraded to forged 10:1 pistons. Fast forward about 18 months, go to pick up my block, had to take the kids with me, plus it was raining, block was wrapped in plastic, didn't think to inspect it, I paid(more than I was quoted by a bunch) and left. Got home, unwrapped it, seen what I received and called the guy. He refused to fix or make it right. Said I owed him 300 for the pistons as he claims I never brought them and said i made the whole thing up... granted I had the receipt of what was dropped off as well as the photos and a witness. He literally told me to "F--k off" right there on the phone and hung up on me.
Wow sad there are people like that in business. I hope you tell everyone who'll listen. No one should ever go to him.

Last edited:
Wow I'd tell anyone who asks its sad there are pe

Wow sad there are people like that in business. I hope you tell everyone who'll listen. No one should ever go to him.
oh I do. I thought about small claims court, but apparently the dude has several already, all from the same time frame as when mine was there. I'm likely not to collect ever and it'd cost more to fight it than going someplace else. What is weird is my cousin had been having his dirt track engines built there for 20 years now without ever having a problem. Not to mention others that highly recommended him. I know the dude had kidney stones the time my block got screwed up and I think he let his son run the show, his son is the one who actually did the work on mine and the others according to the public records. So i think sonny screwed the pooch.

Go Space X go absolutely amazing! I miss going on the space shuttle support missions they were a lot of fun!

LOL his Tesla is on board, bet that will fetch upwards of 75 Million when it comes back.

Ya as I sit here on hold I saw the launch.

Took an hour, what a waste, I swear working with major auto parts dealers on an exchange or return is a pain in the a**. Three weeks for one to process my return credit once they have the part. Was first going to be an exchange, but was able to find out one of the needed part they didn't have in stock. They had no idea when they'd have it...ugh!!

Last edited:
-
Back