Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Now, I gotta be careful, not to drink too much Beer today, so I have a really good appetite....:rofl:

Anyone know if any of the chain auto parts stores can surface a flywheel ? or should I just buy a new one

Anyone know if any of the chain auto parts stores can surface a flywheel ? or should I just buy a new one
I think Not. I still have an FG5000 Van Norman machine, I bought in the 80's ... But you're TOO FAR away.. LOL.
Try a Napa store, or some Independent that may be in your area... Some Engine machine shops also can do it.....

I think Not. I still have an FG5000 Van Norman machine, I bought in the 80's ... But you're TOO FAR away.. LOL.
Try a Napa store, or some Independent that may be in your area... Some Engine machine shops also can do it.....
sweet... cause the cheapest flywheel I can find for the jeep is 330 bucks!!

Some brake service shops can cut them too. I adapt my toolpost grinder to machine them on my drum lathe.

20180208_133547.jpg
Baby Back ribs...................it's what's for dinner!

Some brake service shops can cut them too. I adapt my toolpost grinder to machine them on my drum lathe.
I've always just replaced them but is there any issues with resurfacing them? its on my jeep and it has some heat scoring and cracks

Roast Leg of Lamb cooked to internal temp of 130 degrees F with indirect heat on a Weber.

Moist, Tender and better than a Ham & Eggs C Ration anyday!

LegOfLamb.jpg

Front plate is required but dot won't issue a sticker for it so plate is not legal , so I don't run it, officers haven't argued with me when bring it up. Lon
PA doesn’t have front plates and recently stopped issuing stickers...

I've always just replaced them but is there any issues with resurfacing them? its on my jeep and it has some heat scoring and cracks
Heat scoring...yes you can grind it... Cracks??? depends upon how deep they are... I ALWAYS try to keep my original flywheel...

Just re-adjusted the rockers on my 383 ( Ductile Iron Adjustable ). Takin a quick break, then change the break in oil and filter....

-
Back